• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Noob saying hello, and also.......

Flip.

Cricket Spectator
who goes to watch the mighty army abroad?

i'm thinking about a tour but a lot of these set packages you see advertised are just far too dear. surely you can source cheap flights and so on elsewhere, not to mention cheap tickets from touts outside grounds.

anybodys experiences welcome.

nice site by the way.

Flip. :ph34r:

howardj

International Coach
Mate, I'm with you.

Fashion your own tour rather than some rigid, expensive pre-packaged thing.

Flip.

Cricket Spectator
Very welcoming place I see! Never mind.

Anyways surely there must be some more people on here that have travelled along on the tours? I would just like to know how you went about it, weather you paid the overpriced imo prices, that companys offer for the full package? Or weather you got some flights, got a b&b and sorted some tickets whilst you were out wherever?

As I said before all comments appreciated. I don't believe that out of all the people that are registered to this site, there is only one person that has something to say on this matter!!

Regards Flip. :ph34r:

stumpski

International Captain
FWIW Flip, my advice to anyone joining the forum would be to introduce yourself first [see Off Topic] and contribute to a few existing threads before jumping in with one of your own. This place isn't unfriendly though and anyone can become a valued regular. As for Australia, I'd love to go in 2010-11 but even doing it on the cheap I doubt if I could save up the necessary in two years. I wouldn't want to go to watch the 'mighty army' though - surely the cricket would be more interesting. :D

Flip.

Cricket Spectator
FWIW Flip, my advice to anyone joining the forum would be to introduce yourself first [see Off Topic] and contribute to a few existing threads before jumping in with one of your own. This place isn't unfriendly though and anyone can become a valued regular. As for Australia, I'd love to go in 2010-11 but even doing it on the cheap I doubt if I could save up the necessary in two years. I wouldn't want to go to watch the 'mighty army' though - surely the cricket would be more interesting. :D
I'm a member of so many different forums, I know how they work thanks. The threads designed for noobs never work, cause only noobs look at them. I was really only taking the piss when I mentioned about the warm welcome I have had.

I'm not thinking about going to australia, more probably the West Indies.

Flip. :ph34r:

Flip.

Cricket Spectator
anyway to the question i was most wanting to hear people opinions on. travelling away to watch your country? don't tell me out of all of the members on here nobody travels away? call yourselves fans? or was i right, this place don't wanna speak to noobs!!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'll find that a large number of regular CW members are University students, and that their commitments prohibit them from travelling overseas to support their country.