• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ return to Pakistan

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting news that New Zealand is set to play a 5 match ODI series in Pakistan in November.

I think this is a good move because I thought NZ were becoming far too precious about where they travelled to.

It remains to be seen however who will travel to Pakistan because im sure some players will not want to return.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Remains to be seen who the ICC will get to umpire, too.

Rameez Raja's pi**ing everyone off at the moment

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
His latest one is outrageous - complaining because an umpire called dead ball when it deflected off his non-striker's bat for 4 overthrows!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's one of those areas of the game which really needs clearing up.

If the ball doesn't go to the boundary, convention has it that the batsmen don't run (unless your name is Rameez Raja, in which case you get given out for obstruction of the field). If it does, you get four. Belated sour grapes, perhaps?

I'd like to think that this has set a precedent, and that 'dead ball' will always be called.

Come in ICC, something useful for you to do (for once).

As for the complaint, I've probably said enough in CW's leading article, although what do they want? The last 45 overs of game 4 replaying?

I'd like to hear Eyes-Only's interpretation of the way this one ought to go.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I thought the umpire's decision was final?
Always used to be.

I remember when David (Constant) was hounded out of international cricket.

When it comes down to questioning a person's judgement and integrity, people (players, administrators, the lot) ought to think long and hard before issuing statements which could be, er, open to misinterpretation.

At the end of the day, umpires are human (well, all except Syd Buller who 'called' my schoolboy hero Harold Rhodes for throwing) and consequently, they are fallible.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Heard Nathan Astle talking on TV the other day about it and he said if they were given the all clear to go then he would have no problems with it.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I read that stupid claim that the PCB made about Daryl Harper..im pretty sure its just in retaliation to the ban of Shoaib Ahktar.