• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Netherlands vs. Bermuda ODI

Steulen

International Regular
I don't think there's already a thread for this. Two games at the VRA ground in Amstelveen.

First ODI yesterday washed out.

Just got back from the second game which is in progress but badly affected by the weather. Dutch summers, fantastic :@
Bermuda 102/4 after 30.2, and will play 9.4 more overs if the rain can stay away. Good bowling from Edgar Schiferli and Adeel Raja, both picking up a wicket while being economical. RTD did pick up 2 in 2, but was wayward and went for runs. Boundaries were hard to get as most balls stopped rolling before they reached the rope due to the wetness of the field. The Bermudans played uppishly and got away with a few dodgy strokes, but did get to 81/1 before three quick wickets were taken.

And of course, in true VRA tradition, the first and as yet only six resulted in the ball being lost outside the ground.

Steulen

International Regular
Any idea roughly how many spectators? Just curious.
After I left I guess there were 3 people still there not in any way involved with organising or playing the match.

Well, that's still three more than at a Test match in Pakistan.

stumpski

International Captain
Dear dear, and I bet it was free admission right? I'd have gone, if I'd been in the area.

I heard someone complaining earlier about the poor attendance at the women's ODI at Lord's; I thought well, poor weather forecast and a Test at the Oval - then I discovered they wanted £8 admission! What did they expect?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
After I left I guess there were 3 people still there not in any way involved with organising or playing the match.

Well, that's still three more than at a Test match in Pakistan.
Was there much advertisement of the match in the media

Steulen

International Regular
Dear dear, and I bet it was free admission right? I'd have gone, if I'd been in the area.

I heard someone complaining earlier about the poor attendance at the women's ODI at Lord's; I thought well, poor weather forecast and a Test at the Oval - then I discovered they wanted £8 admission! What did they expect?
Free admission, yes, but no bar or other caterring so really low key affair.

Steulen

International Regular
None whatsoever. I am a keen follower of the Dutch national side with an even more keen interest in matches at VRA because the ground is a 5 minute stroll from my office...and I only found out about this on Wednesday

Stapel

International Regular
I don't think there's already a thread for this. Two games at the VRA ground in Amstelveen.

First ODI yesterday washed out.

Just got back from the second game which is in progress but badly affected by the weather. Dutch summers, fantastic :@
As long as the weather is fine tomorrow over there, I'll be happy. Off course, ZaMi VRA - Groen-Geel is far better to watch than Holland - Bermuda :) .

And of course, in true VRA tradition, the first and as yet only six resulted in the ball being lost outside the ground.
Whoever did it, shoudl have aimed for the tree!

Get real please. Not one single Dutch newspaper even mentioned the Dutch XI qualified for the WC T20 earlier this week........

Steulen

International Regular

Would have been great, because that's where I set up camp. Not a ball came my way, and it's fairly square of the wicket, so I decided to walk towards the sightscreen to get a better idea of bowling lines. Next thing you know, a ball gets played towards the tree and one of the fielders pulls of a stunning save just inches from the rope. Just my luck. Big shower next, that's when I left.

Easy victory for the Dutch in the end, with a 50 from the Pole (cbf trying to spell his name).

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
As long as the weather is fine tomorrow over there, I'll be happy. Off course, ZaMi VRA - Groen-Geel is far better to watch than Holland - Bermuda :) .

Get real please. Not one single Dutch newspaper even mentioned the Dutch XI qualified for the WC T20 earlier this week........
NRC Next did :)