• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite commentary lines

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indeed. But it isn't always so unambiguous when sweeping statements are made followed by an insult aimed at anyone who disagrees.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
A Pakistani fielder drops a catch near the boundary in that 1999-200 series in Australia.

Richie Benaud says- "I've been sitting here thinking of an excuse for why that happened...it's one of the hardest things I've ever done".

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jeez you Pommie-Aussie ****s. Not even a single mention of "They're dancing in the aisles in Sharjah" from the late great man.

SillyCowCorner1

Jeff Dujon (sarcastically ): And there it is folks, the cat just caught the rat, and is now sinking it's fangs through the poor rat's throat; sucking its blood .

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'd forgotten this thread. At the time I hadn't touched LSD for nearly 30 years, but whilst following this thread I needed it.

TheJediBrah

Can't remember when or who it was, but as a kid watching a random Asian ODI on TV the commentator opens up with "Not a Sky in the Cloud" with incredible charisma (might have been Ravi Shastri), and for some reason it's stuck with me ever since

mr_mister

Wow how much of a square was Richard

You know someone knows nothing when they say all drugs are bad except alcohol

Spark

Global Moderator
Can't remember when or who it was, but as a kid watching a random Asian ODI on TV the commentator opens up with "Not a Sky in the Cloud" with incredible charisma (might have been Ravi Shastri), and for some reason it's stuck with me ever since
Along similar lines for some reason a random IPL commentator yelling "IT'S GONE INTO ORBIT" in one of the early seasons has really stuck with me as well

Howe_zat

Audio File
You bunch of weeds oughta be stoned in public for rolling out these puns, abysmal joint effort, I feel like giving you both a smack and then pouring acid on you
i feel like cw has improved, but now we just make de kock puns, so maybe i'm wrong

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
i feel like cw has improved, but now we just make de kock puns, so maybe i'm wrong
My high tolerance for Richard around this period is up there with some of the girls I dated in my teens when it comes to questionable life choices I've made.

harsh.ag

My high tolerance for Richard around this period is up there with some of the girls I dated in my teens when it comes to questionable life choices I've made.
You can send someone into a spiral with this.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The strange is that most regular posters always knew what Richard meant even at his most obtuse, but they argued with him anyway because it was funnier. His line when someone told him he was wrong is still the best thing ever written on the Internet: "No, I'm not wrong. I'd not have said what I said if it had been wrong."

OverratedSanity

"I don't know why the bowlers aren't bowling more bouncers" - Ramiz Raja commentating a NZ/Pak match a day after Phil Hughes' death

It's my favourite because for once, Danny Morrison just shut the **** up and didn't know what to say.

Kirkut

International Regular
EA Cricket 07 commentary glitches with Mark Nicholas and Benaud. Especially when Benaud keeps repeating "spin it into the rough" after every ball while you're bowling with a spin bowler in a test match.

Bijed

International Regular
Michael Slater at Trent Bridge 2015, just before the third ball of the innings is bowled:

"Australia have got to focus on batting to lunch."

Prophetic