• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite commentary lines

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Borderline disgraceful that one as young as you knows how to take cocaine.
Haha, how old is Jamee now? 16? I'm sure he's watched movies before. Kids younger than that play around with sugar and sherbert, making it into pretend 'lines'.

Perm

I remember Mark Taylor commenting during Gilly's blistering century at the 2006/2007 Ashes Test at the WACA, the words will stick with me for a fair few years. Not really sure about other commentary lines, but in general some of the commentary during the Chappell-Hadlee games over the past few years have added to the occassion.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, how old is Jamee now? 16? I'm sure he's watched movies before. Kids younger than that play around with sugar and sherbert, making it into pretend 'lines'.
15 FTR, and yes I know that - it's disappointing, nothing less. Cocaine (and pretty much all non-prescription drugs apart from alcohol and under the right usage circumstances basic painkillers) is crap, and a good way to mess yourself up.

Perm

15 FTR, and yes I know that - it's disappointing, nothing less. Cocaine (and pretty much all non-prescription drugs apart from alcohol and under the right usage circumstances basic painkillers) is crap, and a good way to mess yourself up.
Oh, I thought he was a bit older. Shows how good his posting is then, definitely a good thing.

Anyway, I disagree very strongly with the second part of your post but I'll leave it at that. We've got very different attitudes towards drugs by the sounds of it, best not to air them in this thread.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Mark Nicholas after a Pietersen boundary today:

"Sometimes it's just better if the pictures do the talking."

Indeed, Mark. Indeed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cocaine gets used legally you know, by dentists

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, I thought he was a bit older. Shows how good his posting is then, definitely a good thing.

Anyway, I disagree very strongly with the second part of your post but I'll leave it at that. We've got very different attitudes towards drugs by the sounds of it, best not to air them in this thread.
Haha, evidently so. Suffice it to say anyone who has an attitude other than mine toward the blasted things is likely either a) a nitwit or b) hasn't got much if any experience of how the damn things tear lives to shreds.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'm cracking up

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I guess only the heroine of the day can save you, and speed you to ecstasy for the rest of your days.

(If there's one thing drugs are good for it's puns)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You bunch of weeds oughta be stoned in public for rolling out these puns, abysmal joint effort, I feel like giving you both a smack and then pouring acid on you

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sorry for having started this with my Reeve comment. I think it may have been the title of the thread that triggered it.

Perm

Haha, evidently so. Suffice it to say anyone who has an attitude other than mine toward the blasted things is likely either a) a nitwit or b) hasn't got much if any experience of how the damn things tear lives to shreds.
:laugh: 8-)

"Anybody who thinks differently to me is either stupid or doesn't know what they're talking about"

Get off your high horse Dicko, because it's pathetic.

Flem274*

123/5
Tbf, whilst Dicko is fairly intolerant and forceful in his presentation of his views at times, he has a point: A cocaine habit isn't really the best thing to have.

But yeah, jumping all over kids knowing how to shoot coke is silly, its not as though the knowledge will suddenly make them want to go out and do it, unless they aren't the brightest sparks in the world.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: 8-)

"Anybody who thinks differently to me is either stupid or doesn't know what they're talking about"

Get off your high horse Dicko, because it's pathetic.
Nah, it's pathetic to claim one's naivity is enlightenment.

Drugs destroy lives and rip people to shreds. Fact. Not everyone is aware of this, because not everyone has experienced it. There's countless hundreds of people who'd tell you the same thing I tell you about the wretched things, though some might be too keen on being polite to express it accurately enough. So telling one person to get off their high-horse won't help you in the slightest, other than enabling you to pretend that an evil is actually perfectly all right.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Drugs destroy lives and rip people to shreds. Fact.
Drugs also save millions of lives on an almost daily basis.

Similarly to your other religiously-held convictions, it only holds true when you define its meaning. If you define "drugs" to mean illegal narcotics and nothing else, then you're right. If you define "luck in cricket" to mean nothing but dropped chances, then you sometimes have a case. From your perspective it's correct, but when all we see is a blanket statement followed by "anyone who disagrees is just plain ignorant" it doesn't go down well.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Listen, kids. Drugs aren't cool. Someone who's made over 62,000 posts on a cricket website told me so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Drugs also save millions of lives on an almost daily basis.

Similarly to your other religiously-held convictions, it only holds true when you define its meaning. If you define "drugs" to mean illegal narcotics and nothing else, then you're right. If you define "luck in cricket" to mean nothing but dropped chances, then you sometimes have a case. From your perspective it's correct, but when all we see is a blanket statement followed by "anyone who disagrees is just plain ignorant" it doesn't go down well.
By "drugs" I basically mean drugs which can broadly be described as black-market ones.

It should be fairly obvious I'm not referring to drugs as used in medicine or basic, legal things like alcohol and ibuprofen.

I really CBA wasting time typing-out the above every time I mention the things. As I say, the term "drugs" generally has its own connotations, even if the literal meaning isn't 100% correct.