• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Build-up to Indian Domestic Season 2008-09

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Haryana (1st Innings) - 287 all out (Sunny Singh 50 , Mishra 49)
Goa (1st Innings) - 190 all out (Ratra 51, Jitender Billa 5 wickets)

Haryana (2nd Innings) - 262 all out (Dhruv Singh 68 , Mishra 64 , R.D'souza 2 wickets)
Goa (2nd Innings) - 162 all out (Robin D'souza 54 , Sachin Rana 5 wickets , Billa 3 wickets)

Haryana win by 198 runs.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Update:-
Mumbai vs Hyderabad

Mumbai(1st Innings) - 366/1 (Wasim Jaffer 204* , Ajinkya Rahane 137*)
Sumps,Day 1.

Now can u imagine this..........Jaffer scoring double ton in a single day.....

jaffer rocks jaffer rocks jaffer rocks :)

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Other Results:-

Assam beat Vidarbha by 71 runs

Services drew with Madhya Pradesh

Bengal beat Tripura by an innings and 11 runs (7 wickets for Ranadeb Bose)

Kerala beat Jammu and Kashmir by 8 wickets

Himachal Pradesh drew with Jharkhand

Precambrian

Banned
Update:-
Mumbai vs Hyderabad

Mumbai(1st Innings) - 366/1 (Wasim Jaffer 204* , Ajinkya Rahane 137*)
Sumps,Day 1.

Now can u imagine this..........Jaffer scoring double ton in a single day.....

jaffer rocks jaffer rocks jaffer rocks :)
Jaffer is a flat pitch bully.

Good to see YK Pathan slamming a superb 100,

Glad to see Kerala winning against J & K, a badly needed one.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Today's play at the grounds at BKC-

Mumbai 602/6d, Hyderabad 82/2. Agarkar hitting five sixes gives you a hint of the size of the ground. Then again, it's something we expected regularly eight years ago.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it a road? Jaffer scoring double hundred at 75 SR suggests so. Or the bowling is pathetic.
That's the MCA ground. Essentially, a club/university ground, maybe small enough to hold a Boeing 747, or maybe two. Not too small, but not very big either.

Besides, that's a Hyderabad attack without Pragyan Ojha, so you get a hint. How many Hyderabad bowlers fit into a South Zone selection? Just him!

Last edited:

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Guys....we have forgotten Ajinkye Rahane........he scored 137.......
he is scoring a lot of runs FC cricket ....& has an average of nearly 70 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Precambrian

Banned
Guys....we have forgotten Ajinkye Rahane........he scored 137.......
he is scoring a lot of runs FC cricket ....& has an average of nearly 70 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
58 to be exact. Yeah another huge prospect. Rahane and Pujara are roughly the same age, and a season or two in Domestic cricket will reveal whether they can be really test class.

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
58 to be exact. Yeah another huge prospect. Rahane and Pujara are roughly the same age, and a season or two in Domestic cricket will reveal whether they can be really test class.
Thanks for the correction.

Yeah i agree that thaey need to play consistently 1-2 seasons more to get a place in the indian team........this way they will have a very good FC experience backing them....:)

Precambrian

Banned
Dhawal Kulkarni..been impressed with this guy throughout the IPL. And from what I heard bowled well in that emerging players tournament in Australia. He is only 19..and seems to have done well so far in his FC career.
He needs to bulk up and increase his speed upto atleast 140 kmph.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhawal Kulkarni..been impressed with this guy throughout the IPL. And from what I heard bowled well in that emerging players tournament in Australia. He is only 19..and seems to have done well so far in his FC career.
He wasn't very special in the IPL and wouldn't be anywhere near the team if Malinga was fit, and for some reason, made the XI ahead of the more powerful Dilhara Fernando. He's had decent records in the IPL, but not outstanding, and his team didn't do too well- we've seen a few bowlers from the winning Royals just as good if not better. I saw him in the tournament in India, against the reserves of Australia and New Zealand, and he was quite weak on show- looked tiny, bowled slow, lacked variations and movement, and was hit all around without too many wickets to show. It's good to see him in this vein of form, but frankly, these days, he's no national prospect.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He needs to bulk up and increase his speed upto atleast 140 kmph.
Only 140? Why can't any Indian bowler go past 150 regularly? We see blazingly fast bowlers from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, England, Pakistan, occasionally the West Indies and even Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka, but why not India? Someone is missing a trick out here.

Precambrian

Banned
Only 140? Why can't any Indian bowler go past 150 regularly? We see blazingly fast bowlers from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, England, Pakistan, occasionally the West Indies and even Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka, but why not India? Someone is missing a trick out here.
I meant "atleast" 140 to be anywhere near national consideration.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Precambrian, yes he needs to do that regularly.I have seen him hit 144 kph in IPL. And someone who watched that emerging players tournament reported in the thread that he bowled really quick there as well. Also,its worth considering that he is 19 and will obviously bulk up in one or two years..I was impressed by his action actually..no jump in the delivery stride, kind of Akram-like. And as is the case with most Indian bowlers has a great wrist/seam position. I really think this guy can get quicker,unlike Randeb bose, VRV Singh,Balaji,Yomahesh etc..