• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Kallis make a Test double century before he retires?

Will Kallis score a Test double hundred before his career is out?

• Total voters

pskov

International 12th Man
Jacques Kallis is the holder of most Test match centuries without a double. He has made 30 hundreds to date with a top score of 189* against Zimbabwe, or if you're Richard, his top score is 186 against New Zealand (though he was dropped on 102 in that innings, so I'm not sure if..... oh for christ's sake why am I even bothering?). Will he get a double before his career is out?

Last edited:

Days of Grace

International Captain
He is the Stephen Fleming of batting from 100-200. 300 hundreds and not one double??

Seriously, I think he will do it. But he has a low strike-rate, so if he does score 200, most likely the team score will be 500. It's not as if he's the type of batsmen to score 60% of a team's runs in an innings.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jacques Kallis is the holder of most Test match centuries without a double. He has made 30 hundreds to date with a top score of 189* against Zimbabwe, or if you're Richard, his top score is 186 against New Zealand (though he was dropped on 102 in that innings, so I'm not sure if.....).
Haha, impressed you remember that.

FTR, Zimbabwe when he made that score against them were a Test-standard team. The "record" he made against them which isn't worth the Test paper it's printed on is the fastest-half-century thingy.

As regards making a double-century, I'm beginning to doubt it, but of course you never know. Graham Gooch made his first triple-century at the age of 37.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I certainly hope he does. To be honest, I am a big fan of him and would like to see him post a big double as soon as possible.

But I can't see him doing it, as time is not on his side.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I certainly hope he does. To be honest, I am a big fan of him and would like to see him post a big double as soon as possible.

But I can't see him doing it, as time is not on his side.
You talking about his age or that there's only 5 days in a Test match?

pup11

International Coach
Well Kallis' test batting form hasn't been what you expect from a player of his caliber, but he certainly has the class to score a double-ton, i have always thought that somebody like him, with all his batting talent should try to dominate the bowling a lot more than he does.

Redbacks

International Captain
Who knows, dizzy made one :wacko: You would think with his concetration abilities he would be able to do it but maybe his fitness plays a part, and fatigues before he might if he was super fit

tin_tin

Cricket Spectator
I hope he does.

But i fear he wont, i think its fate, he's probably never destined to get one!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No.

Best batsmen since Mark Waugh to not get a double.
Kallis > Mark Waugh TBH.

(IMO, obviously)

There's not as much in it as their career averages would suggest, nowhere near in fact, but I don't think you can make a case for Waugh being the better.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i guess you can't, but based on what i saw of them reckon junior W was a better player. Great under-achiever who definately should have averaged at least 50 given his immence talent.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Kallis > Mark Waugh TBH.

(IMO, obviously)

There's not as much in it as their career averages would suggest, nowhere near in fact, but I don't think you can make a case for Waugh being the better.
I didn't and don't rate Waugh over Kallis tbh. I just said he's the best batsmen since Waugh to not get a 200.

Meaning I think they are the two standouts from the last 15 or so years to not reach 200.

Expecting someone to mention Damian Martyn soon.