• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next test captain to quit ?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Malik would be my guess. I think Misbah will be given the opportunity after the CT.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah Malik as well, been under fire for ages already. Kumble might call it quits soon, although when was the last time a big Indian player retired? Been ages.

Fusion

Global Moderator
The last (only?) Pakistani Captain to leave on his own terms was Imran. Everyone else was forced out in one way or another.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know why Gayle got the captaincy permanently anyway, Sarwan would of been a better bet if he could avoid injury.
Gayle was infinitely the better captain though. Everything I've seen of Sarwan suggests that he won't compare, even given how briefly Gayle was at the helm.

Uppercut

I don't know why Gayle got the captaincy permanently anyway, Sarwan would of been a better bet if he could avoid injury.
See, all logic seemed to dictate that would be the case but in reality Gayle was just far better at the job. Both tactically and motivationally.

Burgey

I hope West Indies are a better side when England tour in the winter.
Don't be surprised if they take one or more tests off England. They showed some decent signs v Australia this year.
Of course, so much depends on injuries and availability - their depth isn't as good as some other sides.

Mr Mxyzptlk

It depends on the selectors too. I still can't understand how Benn was selected ahead of Nikita Miller and Amit Jaggernauth. He applied himself decently in the last Test against Australia, but is very much inferior to the other two spinners named. Also, surely it's time to ditch Powell and try someone new.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Its really between Malik and Kumble IMO. Its hard to tell, because if malik continues to do nothing then he'll get dropped first however if he starts scoring runs again then Kumble should retire and give up the captaincy before malik. Leaning slightly towards Kumble as he's almost 38 years old now.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Malik is the one most likely to quit, or be dropped. That team has had a rough ride of late, and the PCB is less satisfied with every passing (lost) series. Questions may exist about Vettori as well. Kumble, though, is likely to last a lot longer, since India's oldest players often hang on for a long time, as we've seen in the past. We don't know who's likely to succeed Gayle, but the giant Jamaican might get a recall sooner than later.