• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

G&M Batting Gear - Can anyone with first hand experience rate it?

Genuine_number1

Cricket Spectator
Hello, I am totally new to these forums, but I'm going to get straight in with a question!

I bat at number one (hence the username) for my local league side 3rd XI (Believe me, this is not a boast, just a hint at what kit I might need. We are not the greatest quality side in the world!), and I am heavilly into my Cricket! I am in the market for a pair of batting gloves and pads. At this time in the season, it isn't hard to find offers of 20% or so off, so I thought this would be a good time to buy.

I have got my eye on these two, which come to a total of 58 pounds sterling:

808 Batting Pad - http://www.gm-cricket.com/product/detail2.asp?ProductGroupID=557&departmentid=92

909 Batting Glove - http://www.gm-cricket.com/product/detail2.asp?ProductGroupID=500&departmentid=97

(Or possibly the 606 Pad / 808 Glove, depending on how easy they are to source)

They look really great to me. (Shape, dimensions, look, price etc). Can anyone give me a second opinion please?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I have a pair of G&M pads that must be ten years old and leave green and purple marks on my legs when I bat in the nets in shorts. Aside from ensuring that the new pads are sweatproof, I can't offer any more help...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Pads are pads. Gloves are gloves. As long as you don't end up with broken shins/fingers, it's all good.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm making irrelevant conversation: enquiring as to whereabouts in Devon y'are, as I spent the last four years down there myself and know most of the grounds (in the East at least) pretty well.

Smith108

Cricket Spectator
North Devon actually.. and I won't name the team because we are probably the worst village cricket team in the UK at the moment so I wont embarrass myself :laugh: Lol but I'm near Braunton? ever played there, lovely ground.