• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virender Sehwag geting MoM from ICL player

adharcric

International Coach
Haha Sanz, I think you're getting a little too personal with the BCCI these days. I mean, whatever makes you laugh ...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha Sanz, I think you're getting a little too personal with the BCCI these days. I mean, whatever makes you laugh ...
They are just so stupid. They are banning counties out of their T20 championship because these counties have ICL players playing for them, yet they have an ICL player giving MoM award to their player in one of their rare wins n SL.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Zee covering the series is a far bigger event than Chandana giving some mickey-mouse MOTM award. Who gives a MOTM award makes no effect on anyone. But who televises a series and who plays in a tournament - well, there's much proper profit being made there, by people the BCCI should be wanting to freeze-out.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zee covering the series is a far bigger event than Chandana giving some mickey-mouse MOTM award. Who gives a MOTM award makes no effect on anyone. But who televises a series and who plays in a tournament - well, there's much proper profit being made there, by people the BCCI should be wanting to freeze-out.
I thought about that, and i think that the aim of their policy is to stop players from playing in the ICL altogether. Showing test cricket on the channel of those who own the ICL doesn't affect that at all.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd be surprised if they entertain the idea of doing business with Zee again TBH, at least while Subhash Chandra is in charge there. I'm also surprised they're not doing everything they can to ensure Zee don't make any profit thanks to them.