• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yorkshire injuries and bizarre bowling figures

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hoggard broke down today :(

He finished up with an analysis of 0.3-0-0-1, which is a little strange, but not too much.

Sidebottom broke down on Sunday.

He finished up with an analysis of 0.1-0-11-0 - now that is more than a little strange!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
White, Gough, Sidebottom, Hoggard, McGrath.

You know, I would start looking at training and fitness regimes if I were Yorkshire.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
...in a totally unrelated point of course.
If you say so, but as Geoff Boycott would say

"Trouble wi' t' game today is t' players sup too much bottled milk."

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
White, Gough, Sidebottom, Hoggard, McGrath.

You know, I would start looking at training and fitness regimes if I were Yorkshire.
3 of those 5 were injured playing for England!

Andre

International Regular
marc71178 said:
Hoggard broke down today :(

He finished up with an analysis of 0.3-0-0-1, which is a little strange, but not too much.

Sidebottom broke down on Sunday.

He finished up with an analysis of 0.1-0-11-0 - now that is more than a little strange!
Sidebottom bowled 5 wides in that spell....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
5 wides and his only legal ball hit for 6 - yet I note no criticism of HIM from certain quarters.

Had Harmison done that, there would have been uproar.

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
5 wides and his only legal ball hit for 6 - yet I note no criticism of HIM from certain quarters.

Had Harmison done that, there would have been uproar.

Err maybe those five wides and a six were caused because Sidebottom was injured at the time!?
Harmison remains inaccurate even when fully fit

PY

International Coach
Hoggard out for start of SA series now :(. Darn injuries are clipping our resources so SA now have a chance :P

Rich2001

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
Err maybe those five wides and a six were caused because Sidebottom was injured at the time!?
Harmison remains inaccurate even when fully fit
Actually if I remember right, the whole reason Harmison got his tag was because he bowled 7 wides in a row in a tour match in Australia, after he was knocked out after sliding into the ad boards while fielding, so I think they were both injured.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rich2001 said:
Actually if I remember right, the whole reason Harmison got his tag was because he bowled 7 wides in a row in a tour match in Australia, after he was knocked out after sliding into the ad boards while fielding, so I think they were both injured.

I remember him bowling a lot of rubbish all the way through the Aus tour, especially when he lost his run up at perth was it?

Bazza

International 12th Man
But the selectors were. If he hadn't been injured he would have been considered for the Zimbabwe tests. It seems he's still in the selectors' thoughts (despite not doing anything of note for a long time!). :(

Harmison was wayward all winter and still didn't impress me in the first test. He just bowls too short and, on occasions, wide as well. Sidebottom also sucks IMO, and there are times I'm embarrassed these two cricketers played for England. The good thing about Sidebottom is he was dropped after 1 test and 2 ODIs, whereas Harmison is about to play his 7th test, and already has 5 ODI caps. :( :(