• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 Tests

Spinksy

Banned
I think that it would be an excellent idea to have a test twenty20 game where each side is given 2 innings each which consist of only 20 overs, now that would be awsome, just like a One Day International but broken up into two different parts. Thoughts on this idea of mine?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This idea has been tossed around since before T20s arrived tbh. Personally, I see the appeal of it. It could work.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They tried it for a couple of novelty games here a few years back and it didn't really work IMO. Although whether it was the format of the games that didn't work or the "State Of Origin" teams is unclear.

Would love to see a team follow-on though.

Spinksy

Banned
I heard that they were thinking of something called a COI at one stage. I have no idea what that means but my first impression of it was a Century of Overs International, doesn't sound right to me to be honest, it could be something else though. Because I don't really like the idea of a one hundred overs per side which elapses two days of play. It is stupid but it is just an experiment on the game much like the Twenty20's were.

Spinksy

Banned
I don't see why it is a bad idea to be honest and I am wondering why they haven't enforced the idea yet after reading the article that was posted earlier. It was afterall posted on the 24 Mar 2008 at 12:28 am. That is five months and we haven't heard a peep about it.

pasag

RTDAS
I don't see why it is a bad idea to be honest and I am wondering why they haven't enforced the idea yet after reading the article that was posted earlier. It was afterall posted on the 24 Mar 2008 at 12:28 am. That is five months and we haven't heard a peep about it.
Well as much as we'd like them to, the ICC doesn't act on CW articles :p

Spinksy

Banned
Well as much as we'd like them to, the ICC doesn't act on CW articles :p
Pretty true, should send them an email to be honest, doubt that they would actually get to read it though as they do run on a fairly tight shedule. Even if they did read it though they would probably forget about the whole thing and it would have been just a waste of time.

pasag

RTDAS
Pretty true, should send them an email to be honest, doubt that they would actually get to read it though as they do run on a fairly tight shedule. Even if they did read it though they would probably forget about the whole thing and it would have been just a waste of time.
With limited overs cricket doing so well, why would they change? Changing formats would be the last thing on their mind at this stage. Might be something to think about in 10 years or something like that.

Spinksy

Banned
Waste of space ITBT.
Hardly though, I am not saying that we give One Day Internationals the boot either, i'm saying that this format will be rare and probably will only be a one off thing but in ym opinion it is worth the shot, I am not saying that we start straight away but like Pasag said maybe later but NOT in ten years. Maybe three or four years though when One Day Internationals are almost burnt out anyway.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Not a good idea IMO, takes away from the fact you can watch a whole match in the evening when you get home ect.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I think that it would be an excellent idea to have a test twenty20 game where each side is given 2 innings each which consist of only 20 overs, now that would be awsome, just like a One Day International but broken up into two different parts. Thoughts on this idea of mine?
That is a sick thought, breeding tests with T20 :sick:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Could someone please change the thread-title to "two-innings Twenty20s"? I truly hate horrible oxymorons like the current title.

Julian87

State Captain
Hardly though, I am not saying that we give One Day Internationals the boot either, i'm saying that this format will be rare and probably will only be a one off thing but in ym opinion it is worth the shot, I am not saying that we start straight away but like Pasag said maybe later but NOT in ten years. Maybe three or four years though when One Day Internationals are almost burnt out anyway.
WHOOSH!!

howardj

International Coach
What about 10 innings of 2 overs each, or change innings whenever a wicket falls, whichever comes first? My attention span is too short for the 20 x 2 innings marathon. lol