• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simon Taufel supports Pakistan for CT

itduzz

Banned
Safety fears have made Ponting's team - most of whom have never toured Pakistan - hesitant to go. But Taufel, who has been there "half a dozen times", has urged them to tour.

"There are no guarantees in any area of life," Taufel told The Sun-Herald from Scotland.

"In all my experiences there, the Pakistan people have been friendly and hospitable.

"Everything is absolutely first class. All measures are taken with security.

"They make a huge effort in the security stakes. At no stage have I felt worried, in danger or threatened in Pakistan.

"If I'm selected to be an umpire, I will not hesitate to go."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/taufels-tour-confidence/2008/08/02/1217097605215.html

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair enough.

Have to laugh at "if I'm selected as an umpire" though. Although I guess you never know with the ICC...