• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Graham Napier be in either ODI or T/20 sides?

Napier16

Banned
Or maybe an argument could be made even for tests the way it is at the moment.

Do you think he would get found out at this level in a similar way to Luke Wright? Vettori didn't even celebrate getting him out in the last ODI because of how easy it was to expose him. That's how lowly the oppositions opinion of him is in the world game.

Would Napier be a case of the same?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Actually wouldn't be surprised to see him get a game in the T20, otherwise nah

Napier16

Banned
A poor bowler and nothing better than a slogger. No thanks.
I understand where you are coming from. I doubt he'd be a success.

Another one in this catagory would be James Kirtley. I remember seeing how devastating he looked at the death of a county T/20 last year, he kept bowling everyone with big swingers so was picked for the Worlds on the back of it, where he was possibly the worst bowler on show in the entire tournament.

I like him but realistically Napier would be fodder, TBH.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ODIs? Hope to God not but many equally poor players have played for England in the last decade.

Twenty20 Internationals? Couldn't care less, pick whoever you want. Would be quite surprised if he wasn't picked though, and more worryingly, could see him having success there seeing him picked for ODIs ahead of many better candidates.

BTW:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't think it is, Richard.
As said, it's extraordinarily similar. I don't have IP-addles access, obviously, so you can presumably say for certain (or near-certain - I suppose the guy might move around) but if you check-out his posts you'll see why the possibility could be countenanced.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
According to the texters on Sky Sports News, Graham Napier should be in the England test team alongside Dawid Malan, Robert Key and Joe Denly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What on earth have you done to my world class thread with this nonsense?

Knock it off, Richard.
Where you're concerned, I don't do knocking it off, any more than I do allowing your crap to spam-up the forums without saying something about it.

This thread was hardly rip-roaring anyway, was it?

pskov

International 12th Man
I rate his bowling better than his batting, tbh.

Wouldn't be the worst pick in the world for the Twenty20, but I would be unhappy to see him selected for ODIs. His coach at Essex said as much when he was interviewed today on Sky Sports during the Essex game. When asked if he was dissapointed if Foster and Napier weren't selected he said he thinks Foster is the best gloveman in the country and should be in both Tests and ODI teams, but regarding Napier "Well... everyone has a great month every now and then don't they?".