• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Ramprakash 100 hundreds

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It doesn't matter, as it's lowly country cricket. No one watches, no one cares, no one notices.

it's a bit embarrassing even congratulating him on it, as he was found out and failed at the highest level.

It's like recording stats from street or back yard games.
Without a doubt the most extraordinary comment I have seen here - and it has some stiff competition

Well done Ramps - I reckon you'll be the last

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How many innings did Ramps take to move from 99 to 100 tons? Must be over a dozen.

Anyway, fair play to Mr Ramprakash, great achievement & possibly the last man to make it, ever? Discuss...

Well done Ramps.

As for the bolded part, I read somewhere recently, probably Wisden, Graham Gooch saying that if someone like Alastair Cook was to ever have a chance of equalling this feat he'd need about 70-80 Test tons. Shows you how the game has moved on and how even if someone else does score 100 tons, they won't play much international cricket. And the fact is that if someone was scoring that many tons they inevitably would play international cricket. As such, I agree, we will never see it happen again.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
It is possible for someone else to make 100 100's. The player just has to be good enough to make them, but not good enough to become a regular international. Its a very small area to fall into. But its no surprise that the last 2 people to do it fall into that category.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
GAGF, how do you figure that? Not even close. Argh why am I even replying to you???

Napier16

Banned
GAGF, how do you figure that? QUOTE]
It was attained on the back of not being up to international cricket, in other words what seperates the men from the boys.

In reality, although he might tell you otherwise he would absolutely trade all these in for just a couple more runs added to his embarrassing test average

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
GAGF, how do you figure that? QUOTE]
It was attained on the back of not being up to international cricket, in other words what seperates the men from the boys.

In reality, although he might tell you otherwise he would absolutely trade all these in for just a couple more runs added to his embarrassing test average
Yes, he probably would. But you know what, there are a whole load of people who would love to just get to play one FC game, in the grand scheme of things scoring a 100 100s is still a fine achievement, even though yeah, he would swap them for like 10 Test centuries.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Damn this guy was really a terrible international player an average of 27.32 with a sr of 36.18, good on him for making 100 hundreds though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How many innings did Ramps take to move from 99 to 100 tons? Must be over a dozen.

Anyway, fair play to Mr Ramprakash, great achievement & possibly the last man to make it, ever? Discuss...
Could well be the last ...particularly when you consider more 20/20 games are likely to be played moving forward

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn this guy was really a terrible international player an average of 27.32 with a sr of 36.18, good on him for making 100 hundreds though.
In fairness to Ramps, I don't think the uncertain selection policy England had when he was playing help him greatly

Last edited:

Spinksy

Banned

Maybe, who is the next closest person to possible acheive this feat and how close? Anyone know?