• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb XI - Come in, have a yarn.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
As many of you probably know, the new CW Development League season is starting up again soon and we're looking for some active CW members who would be willing to join in and actively participate in what a lot of people consider one of the best parts of CW.

CW Dev League, or "Cricketweb XI", is a simulation cricket league with a full FC and List-A season, as well as a 20/20 tournament. The forum is rather imposing and can be tough to decifer early on but once you get used to it the community is good and most prevalent posters on CW are participants. If you have any questions about how any of the sections work feel free to ask.

We currently have 5 clubs, CW Red, CW Blue, CW Green, CW Black and CW Colts. Each of the sides has a good bunch of members and are welcoming.

Anyway, to the signups. We're obviously looking to garner some more activity out of the posters in Cricket Chat who are active but haven't joined up yet. Because of the odd number of teams involved (5) we have been struggling with a way to fill out the draw to not have any byes. We've been using an extra team of overseas pro's but would really like to establish a new domestic side to accomodate some new signups and garner more activity. That's where we need your help.

To signup, go here. There is a form to fill out and then you are required to post here to confirm your signup before you are assigned a team. There are games posted every day during the season, and during the offseason we have multiple opportunities for overseas play including IPL, Australian State Cricket and County cricket, as well as positions in smaller nations. We even squeeze our Franchise 20/20 comp into the pre-season.

In any case, we'd love to grab some attention from some of the members who do not play (or perhaps reactivate some old members?) to keep the game flourishing. You would be required to post a bit in the and around the Dev League forum throughout the season but nothing overly strenuous (and let's be honest, you're probably here all day anyway :p). We'd appreciate and welcome anyone and everyone. Hope to see you soon.

BTW, any questions you have I (or anyone else who knows what's up) can answer them for you here.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that we have a fully active international side who participate in Test series, ODI series and T20I's against the modern test and ODI sides known as the "CWXI". As well as this there is an u-19's side and an 'A' side. Not sure how I also managed to forget that, but anyway.

Last edited:

gio

U19 Cricketer
Sorry if I'm being thick, but I'm struggling to understand what this is.... Is it predictions? Or a simulation? The reason I ask is that you mention RL cricket in the original post which makes me think it's predictions, but then it's a signup, so...?

Once again, apologies if I'm missing the obvious.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a simulation league. Smith isn't good with words. He compensates in other areas.

FAQ. Outdated, but ITSTL.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
CW cricket really is worth all the effort. Ever since I've joined it's improved my enjoyment of Cricketweb. The people involved with it are very committed and you will not be disappointed if you sign up.