• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Farewell Chris Gayle

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Say what? Ramdin's glovework has been as solid as ever unless I'm forgetting something drastic.

Mr Mxyzptlk

And Baugh is better? Did you read my post at all?

I'll break it down for you:

Ramdin >>>>> all WI wicketkeepers with the gloves.
Ramdin >= all WI wicketkeepers with the bat.

There's is absolutely no evidence that Carlton Baugh is a better batsman than Ramdin. And there's a whole lot of evidence that Ramdin is much better with the gloves.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Ramdin seriously is at least as good a batsman as any other wicketkeeper in West Indies, then there's real trouble.

Mr Mxyzptlk

There is a young crop of players without much experience (but with great talent), but if you look at the wicketkeepers with any serious exposure or experience at domestic level, it's difficult to argue that anyone is better.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
And Baugh is better? Did you read my post at all?

I'll break it down for you:

Ramdin >>>>> all WI wicketkeepers with the gloves.
Ramdin >= all WI wicketkeepers with the bat.

There's is absolutely no evidence that Carlton Baugh is a better batsman than Ramdin. And there's a whole lot of evidence that Ramdin is much better with the gloves.
Baugh for one has a better FC record. Anyway, this isn't the end for Ramdin. HIs batting has been regressing for a while now and hopefully this allows him to gain focus.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Feel really sorry for Ramdin. His wicket-keeping has been flawless lately. Couldn't give a rats about his batting, we all know the talent is there. L4m3.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What is Baugh like as a keeper? Can't say I've actually seen him play international cricket, but I don't think it hurts to have competition for the national team. The pressure placed on both of them could improve their performances, as they're both fighting for the same spot.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
AFAIK his keeping has improved since his last foray for the West Indies when it was just mediocre.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The thing is, Carlton Baugh's batting has been worse than Ramdin's in recent seasons. And his wicketkeeping is certainly worse. ITSTL.

He's probably going to tear Canada and Bermuda new ones now.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Low is an understatement.

2005-06: 12 inns, 25.45, 1x50, 0x100
2006-07: 9 inns, 14.55, 1x50, 0x100
2007-08: 10 inns, 10.55, 0x50, 0x100

Then he scored 111* and 36 against Australia, as expected.
Yes, this is FC form, but his List-A form has seen him play 6 innings in 2 years and fail to pass 29. He's not scored a List-A fifty in 2 years and only has 2 of them in total.