Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst bowling ever?

All Time Legend Paid The Umpire's Avatar

Worst bowling ever?

What is the best/worst efforts you have seen with the ball in games you have played?

Best: I took 5-4-5-5 with the opposing team going from 1-82 to all out 87.

Worst: I have been hit for 22 in two consectutive overs! Figures 4-0-0-52 (Overs 22, 22, 4 & 4)

Sad HUH!

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    I've seen 7 for ~10 in an Under 12 game. We won it on fewer wickets lost . Worst figures? Hmm nothing too spectacular I'm afraid.

Personally 4-0-11-2 is the best I've managed with the worst 2-0-30something-0 at House Cricket. Which my memory of is faded somewhat...

MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

School Boy/Girl Captain
    When my school played its first ever cricket game...way back in year 8 we got bowled out for 13.

Chasing 180 off 20 overs heheheeh.

This was on the 2nd week of the secondary schools existance though, give us some credit

The worst bowling ive heard of is **** quick Kabir Khan bowling 9 wides in an over in a domestic final. thats terrible for an international bowler

That's terrible for any bowler...

Yes it is

I once bowled 7 balls. Took three wickets. One run. One wide.

I once gave away 20+ runs in an over that took 25 minutes. But also took 2 wickets.
    Yaju
    Self Proclaimed World's Greatest 12th Man.

I like wasting homo sapiens' time - like the way I wasted yours just now.

Quote Originally Posted by 5N1p3R j0C|<
    Why are you wasting time your reading others' quotes?
    Quote Originally Posted by DD
    <quack>

Twenty-five minutes ?!!

All Time Legend Paid The Umpire's Avatar
    Clarifing my best bowling:

Over # Runs
    1 5
    2 0
    3 1-0
    4 2-0
    5 2-0

Worst bowling:

12balls 44runs (3.66 per ball)

Including 5 sixes , 3 fours, 2 singles and 2 dots. 8D

dunno what the figures were but a guy at school got an award for getting 4 wickets in a row- and then a dot ball, and then another wicket.
    life's a gift thats why they call it the present

1-0-20-0.

Never bowled again that season.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    Best Ive ever seen was against us in a juniors game a few years back when some little blonde medium pacer took 7-12 against us (5 wickets including yours truly falling in one over).

My personal best is 6-11 in a game for my school in March this year.

My worst is 2-60odd from 8 overs at the U15 Nationals a couple of years back.

International Captain
    Well I have played a lot of cricket once !!!! I played for Gymkhana club once and played Quaid E Azam trophy too !!!
    Was a stupid player cuz had no control on my wides and No balls . Always wanted to hit the head or body or the stumps ........ No line stupid length ...So many bad overs cant really think one particular one ..... Had a few good games but the game that I enjoyed the most was a street tape (tennis Ball rapped in electrical plastic tape) ball match .
    There were five players on each side and I was one of the captains .
    Batting first our team only made 1 run in a 5 over limit match and only could bat for 2.3 overs ............ WHen our innings was finished , THe other captain said " no need for the time wastage and lets play another one " . I have a stupid mind and I as usuall got pi$$ed and felt I am being challenged ...
    I said Fu** Off you guys and lets finish it !!!!
    I had the ball . First ball I bowled a yorker and spot on , Bingo the first wicket right in the middle of "steel wicket frame (cuz cant diig the street) , 2nd ball and the guy tried to take a single and ball brushed his knee and right on the stumps ..... I missed the hattrick and ball just missed every thing .......
    Fourth ball gave me a catch and bowled chance which I took . And then the last man came in , Holy he was notorious for being hit atleast 2000 of our tape balls to different neighbour's home . I bowled a slower ball which became an off cutter and to be precise an extreme off cutter (must've hit a stone or some thing ) ........... Holy he was bowled ....................
    Oh my lord , I just dissed and hooted the F*** out of those guys . Our team were screaming and shoutng so much that two or three neighbours even came out to see what happened .............. I cant forget that over and the face of my friend who said our bowling will be a " time wastage" !!!
    Last edited by FRAZ; 29-09-2004 at 01:59 AM.
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

my best would have had to been this year for my college, my 2nd chance at bowling for the team and i bowled 4 overs 0madiens 11 runs , 3 wickets.

my worst would of had to be my first chance at bowling for school 2 overs 0 madiens 32 runs 0 wickets

The worst bowling i've ever done was in the game when my team Upottery U17s were hit for 311 by Exeter Cricket Club U17s in a 20-over match. They were something like 200-0 (you retire at 50) with 8 overs left so the captain told me to bowl. I had bowled 4 overs all season, taking 3-1-19-1 and 1-0-16-0. I got hit for 37 from 2 overs. God, that day was very embarrassing. he best bowling i've done was as the opening bowler for Axminster under 12s back in 1997. I took 2-0-4-2 and 2-0-10-2 (we used to let everyone have a go those days) but i was lucky. I don't bowl much anymore, but in men's cricket this year I did have a few overs, in friendlies. We (upottery) were playing Newton Poppleford. It was my first friendly for the club (i'd just moved "Full time" to it- I used to play men's cricket for Kilmington) and we got them to 28-8, so the captain threw me the ball "to make a game of it". I took 4-0-14-2, only trouble was 10 of those were wides! and not just close wides, I mean next-pitch-on-the-square wides! god knows how I contrived to take wickets. It was doubly embarrassing because my Grandfather, a real class bowler even when he was 72 (at that age he took 16-13-6-7 in a fifth team game) was watching! We knocked the runs off easy, then we had a 20/20 game and I opened and scored 33. By far my best all-round display, though I didn't deserve it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information