• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst bowling ever?

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
What is the best/worst efforts you have seen with the ball in games you have played?

Best: I took 5-4-5-5 with the opposing team going from 1-82 to all out 87.

Worst: I have been hit for 22 in two consectutive overs! Figures 4-0-0-52 (Overs 22, 22, 4 & 4)

Sad HUH! :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I've seen 7 for ~10 in an Under 12 game. We won it on fewer wickets lost :D. Worst figures? Hmm nothing too spectacular I'm afraid.

Personally 4-0-11-2 is the best I've managed with the worst 2-0-30something-0 at House Cricket. Which my memory of is faded somewhat...

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
When my school played its first ever cricket game...way back in year 8 we got bowled out for 13.

Chasing 180 off 20 overs ;) heheheeh.

This was on the 2nd week of the secondary schools existance though, give us some credit ;)

Andre

International Regular
The worst bowling ive heard of is **** quick Kabir Khan bowling 9 wides in an over in a domestic final. thats terrible for an international bowler

yaju

State Vice-Captain
I once bowled 7 balls. Took three wickets. One run. One wide.

I once gave away 20+ runs in an over that took 25 minutes. But also took 2 wickets.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Clarifing my best bowling:

Over # Runs
1 5
2 0
3 1-0
4 2-0
5 2-0

Worst bowling:

12balls 44runs (3.66 per ball)

Including 5 sixes , 3 fours, 2 singles and 2 dots. 8D

Kimbo

International Debutant
dunno what the figures were but a guy at school got an award for getting 4 wickets in a row- and then a dot ball, and then another wicket.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Best Ive ever seen was against us in a juniors game a few years back when some little blonde medium pacer took 7-12 against us (5 wickets including yours truly falling in one over).

My personal best is 6-11 in a game for my school in March this year.

My worst is 2-60odd from 8 overs at the U15 Nationals a couple of years back.

FRAZ

International Captain
Well I have played a lot of cricket once !!!! I played for Gymkhana club once and played Quaid E Azam trophy too !!!
Was a stupid player cuz had no control on my wides and No balls . Always wanted to hit the head or body or the stumps ........ No line stupid length ...So many bad overs cant really think one particular one ..... Had a few good games but the game that I enjoyed the most was a street tape (tennis Ball rapped in electrical plastic tape) ball match .
There were five players on each side and I was one of the captains .
Batting first our team only made 1 run in a 5 over limit match and only could bat for 2.3 overs ............ WHen our innings was finished , THe other captain said " no need for the time wastage and lets play another one " . I have a stupid mind and I as usuall got pi$$ed and felt I am being challenged ...
I said Fu** Off you guys and lets finish it !!!!
I had the ball . First ball I bowled a yorker and spot on , Bingo the first wicket right in the middle of "steel wicket frame (cuz cant diig the street) , 2nd ball and the guy tried to take a single and ball brushed his knee and right on the stumps ..... I missed the hattrick and ball just missed every thing .......
Fourth ball gave me a catch and bowled chance which I took . And then the last man came in , Holy he was notorious for being hit atleast 2000 of our tape balls to different neighbour's home . I bowled a slower ball which became an off cutter and to be precise an extreme off cutter (must've hit a stone or some thing ) ........... Holy he was bowled ....................
Oh my lord , I just dissed and hooted the F*** out of those guys . Our team were screaming and shoutng so much that two or three neighbours even came out to see what happened .............. I cant forget that over and the face of my friend who said our bowling will be a " time wastage" !!!

Last edited:

sportychic33

State 12th Man
my best would have had to been this year for my college, my 2nd chance at bowling for the team and i bowled 4 overs 0madiens 11 runs , 3 wickets.

my worst would of had to be my first chance at bowling for school 2 overs 0 madiens 32 runs 0 wickets

Chubb

International Regular
The worst bowling i've ever done was in the game when my team Upottery U17s were hit for 311 by Exeter Cricket Club U17s in a 20-over match. They were something like 200-0 (you retire at 50) with 8 overs left so the captain told me to bowl. I had bowled 4 overs all season, taking 3-1-19-1 and 1-0-16-0. I got hit for 37 from 2 overs. God, that day was very embarrassing. he best bowling i've done was as the opening bowler for Axminster under 12s back in 1997. I took 2-0-4-2 and 2-0-10-2 (we used to let everyone have a go those days) but i was lucky. I don't bowl much anymore, but in men's cricket this year I did have a few overs, in friendlies. We (upottery) were playing Newton Poppleford. It was my first friendly for the club (i'd just moved "Full time" to it- I used to play men's cricket for Kilmington) and we got them to 28-8, so the captain threw me the ball "to make a game of it". I took 4-0-14-2, only trouble was 10 of those were wides! and not just close wides, I mean next-pitch-on-the-square wides! god knows how I contrived to take wickets. It was doubly embarrassing because my Grandfather, a real class bowler even when he was 72 (at that age he took 16-13-6-7 in a fifth team game) was watching! We knocked the runs off easy, then we had a 20/20 game and I opened and scored 33. By far my best all-round display, though I didn't deserve it!

a massive zebra

International Captain
In matches that I have played in...

The best: 8.2-4-6-7
The worst: 7-0-83-0 (roughly)

Personally...

Best: 4-0-13-2
Worst: 1-0-14-0

Last edited:

dro87

U19 12th Man
best: 7/28 in 10 overs
worst: 4 balls: 6,6,6,caught trying 2 hit me again for 6! End of the game... 0.4 0 18 1

Barney Rubble

International Coach
best: 4-3-3-5, all bowled.
worst: don't bowl very often, got figures of 1-0-9-0 for the last four years combined, the 5-3 was a long time ago, can't remember my worst figures.

A leggie who plays for my school once finished with figures of 0.1-0-0-1, and a then 14-year-old Sussex Youth leggie called William Beer (I'm told he is a great prospect) took 18-12-11-5 against my school 1st XI (who were very good) two years ago.

Also our opening batsman who NEVER bowled came on three years ago in what looked like a dead game - they were chasing 180 in 45 overs, on 160 with 11 overs left. He bowled his leggies and ended up with figures of 4-1-9-6, we won by 6 runs!! :-O

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
My best could be either of 4 overs, seven for 8 or 9 overs, 7 for 19. One in a 20-over game (bowled them out for 14 and I got sent in at three to face 3 balls and score 5 as we won by 9 wickets) where the pitch didn't seem to know the meaning of the word "bounce". Literally, nothing got more than a foot off the ground, wherever you pitched it and however tall you were. Totally impossible to play on. The other was in a 40-over game where everything fell into place, the ball's never come out like that ever again in my career. Everything landed almost exactly where I was aiming, I was cutting it to order, swinging it round corners, bouncing some off a length, scuttling some through past the ankles. Pitch wasn't the greatest, but only 2 of the wickets were due to uneven bounce.
Worst? Could be anything of the 2-25-0, the 4-32-0, or something else that I've put out of my mind so effectively that I can't remember it. Never gone for more than 25 in a 4-over 20-over-game spell, so can't have one of them.
Seriously, though, I'm almost as good an epitome of inconsistent as Chaminda himself.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Personally 4-0-11-2 is the best I've managed with the worst 2-0-30something-0 at House Cricket. Which my memory of is faded somewhat...
Never mind, was refreshed last season. :)
2-42-0, was it?
Of course, there was 1 dropped-catch, though that doesn't really count for much as it was a Long-Hop.
Was thinking about mentioning that to you at the time - then I saw your face!
(My figures that game were 8-25-2, incidentally)