• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst bowling ever?

ropes

Cricket Spectator
i remember a certain grade cricket match where two members of this site (who shall remain nameless) had a rather forgetable afternoon. once certain persons first over in grade cricket read 6642.., and anothers match figures read 16.1.118.1. wasnt much help from the fielding side either, with 11 catches dropped, 7 off the latter of the pair, including the double century maker 4 times.

on a more positive note the former did redeem himself one afternoon by taking possibly the silliest hat-trick i have ever seen from a batting side. standing at first slip i watched one certain leg-spinner bamboozle the batsmen who left 3 balls in a row to see each ball the bails whipped off and dismissed out, with 3 very puzzled and angry 15 yr olds abusing the square-leg umpire, however its not their fault that they didnt knw you are supposed to be BEHIND the white line, not infront of it :p. still it was a well deserved bowling performance for a complete cricketer.

the best bowling performance i have witnessed would undoubltedly be curtly's 7-1 in 23 balls at the WACA, it was awe-inspiring stuff, and i an upset that i never got to see more of that legend.

Swervy

International Captain
played a game this year where the opposition scored 347 in 31 overs(a score of 170 in 40 overs is considered to be a good score in our league), their captain came in in the 22nd over and finished on 110*...I bowled one over for 20, first 3 balls went for 6 (boy was I sweating), they hit 28 sixes in all. Luckily I scored 69 out of about 90 we scored in about 25 overs to save the game,as we went off for bad light and got draw out of it.

When I played in Blackpool, when I was about 18, our team(South Shore CC) was once out 10 in 19 overs (I top scored with 5)(they knocked the runs off in 1 and half overs)... the next week I opened the batting,and those first 10 runs were the toughest I have ever been involved with, just kept on thinking about not getting out for 10 again...it made me bat really well though,and I scored my first ever hundred..and then bowled the best I ever have done, taking 5 for 21 to win the game (not my best figures ever though, once got 5 for 2 and another time got 5 for 7)

Langeveldt

Soutie
ropes said:
on a more positive note the former did redeem himself one afternoon by taking possibly the silliest hat-trick i have ever seen from a batting side. standing at first slip i watched one certain leg-spinner bamboozle the batsmen who left 3 balls in a row to see each ball the bails whipped off and dismissed out, with 3 very puzzled and angry 15 yr olds abusing the square-leg umpire, however its not their fault that they didnt knw you are supposed to be BEHIND the white line, not infront of it :p. still it was a well deserved bowling performance for a complete cricketer. .
Andre?