• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ijaz Ahmed

Beleg

International Regular
I never liked watching him bat - even when he was putting them over the deep backward point fence - but it cannot be denied that Izaj Ahmed was definitely a talented cricketer.

Mard

Banned
he was ok. he wasted a lot of his time in the early part of his career. he made is debut in 1986 but couldn't really fit in to the team until the 1996 world cup

tooextracool

International Coach
Thought he was a pretty valuable cricketer actually. Excellent fielder and had a really strong bottomhanded technique. Played a memorable innings against India in the final of a one day tournament against India where he singlehandedly took their bowling apart. Actually liked his stance, one foot behind the crease and the other in front of the crease. Makes me thing of Ijaz whenever I see anyone with that stance.

tooextracool

International Coach
I never liked watching him bat - even when he was putting them over the deep backward point fence - but it cannot be denied that Izaj Ahmed was definitely a talented cricketer.
talented fielder as well. Used to field at backward point IIRC and had a very strong left arm.

haroon510

International 12th Man
one of the best one down player in the history of pakistan cricket..i think the match fixing alegations and personal conflicts between him and his team mates really influanced his career..

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know if talented is the right word for him. He was a street fighter and had immense confidence (somewhat misplaced in my humble opinion). He did not think much of reputations and played some really audacious innings but he also perished doing audacious things and that must have irritated Pakistan's supporters as it did Indians when it came off :)

I think with a cooler head he could have achieved much more.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always rated Ijaz, as I guess we tended to in the era where you really just saw what he did against your own team, as opposed to these days where you can flick the TV on and see so much cricket.

He wasn't pretty to watch, but I thought he was a good, effective player, in the matches I saw him play at least.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Always rated Ijaz, as I guess we tended to in the era where you really just saw what he did against your own team, as opposed to these days where you can flick the TV on and see so much cricket.

He wasn't pretty to watch, but I thought he was a good, effective player, in the matches I saw him play at least.
Sums it up nicely, I feel.