• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Breaking News: Champion's Trophy To Go Ahead In Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
In what way? The other countries voted for it. The players who do not want to go, do not have to. No one will be forcing the players to go. This is how it should have been handled from the beginning. If the players feel unsafe, then they should not go.

pskov

International 12th Man
Hopefully no-one from any country goes and they have to scrap the tournament entirely.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hopefully no-one from any country goes and they have to scrap the tournament entirely.
Highly doubtful. Several countries have no problems touring in the first place. Other countries do, and there might be many players who choose to stay home, and that's their perogative. I doubt that countries won't find anyone to go though.

There are people waiting to make their mark on the international stage in every country.

pskov

International 12th Man
Highly doubtful. Several countries have no problems touring in the first place. Other countries do, and there might be many players who choose to stay home, and that's their perogative. I doubt that countries won't find anyone to go though.

There are people waiting to make their mark on the international stage in every country.
That wasn't a comment on the perils of touring Pakistan (I don't think it's anymore dangerous now than it was when England toured without much fuss in 2005 for instance), just on the general pointlessness of the Champions Trophy itself.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That wasn't a comment on the perils of touring Pakistan (I don't think it's anymore dangerous now than it was when England toured without much fuss in 2005 for instance), just on the general pointlessness of the Champions Trophy itself.
In that sense, I hope people start boycotting the WC too :p

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In that sense, I hope people start boycotting the WC too :p
It's a good point you both make; when was the last time we saw a ODI tournament which was considered to be any good? Probably the CT where the WI won it a few years back but even then, only the final was worthwhile.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It's a good point you both make; when was the last time we saw a ODI tournament which was considered to be any good? Probably the CT where the WI won it a few years back but even then, only the final was worthwhile.
Leaving aside a few individual performance, I dont remember when was the last time I actually enjoyed watching a cricket match.

TBH, I am having more fun reading about Sobers than watching India-SL test match, its just boring boring boring. Earlier I would stay up late for the cricket match to start, now a days I know a match is going on only when I read the newspapers next morning and that is after we are playing a test match in SL after 7 years.

pasag

RTDAS
CT 2006 was really good.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Locked.

We already have a thread about this in the Champions Trophy forum. Use that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.