• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ONE international player.........

Rebecca

School Boy/Girl Captain
So, you can have one international player on your national side.
Who would it be?

I would choose Jacques Kallis for England because he's perfect in every way :)

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
In the short term for Aus, Murali to replace Casson or Steyn/Flintoff (assuming fitness) to replace Johnson.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
For all my reservations (for the obvious reason), it'd be Murali for me. In my watching lifetime we've never had a truly world-class spinner (think my lifespan overlaps with Deadly's test career, but certainly never saw him play) so it'd be amazing to see what difference one would make to us.

I think Monty's perfectly adequate, btw and this isn't a pop at him at all, but Murali is obviously a couple of leagues above in terms of effectiveness.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Currently I'd love Brett Lee. I understand why one would want Steyn since he's younger, but I reckon add Lee right now (who IMO is the better bowler), and his peak would be able to coincide with the last couple of years of Sachin, Rahul, Laxman and Sourav.

Of say the last decade I'd choose McGrath or Ambrose.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Dale Steyn for India...fast bowling hasalways been our weaklink...With great batsmen around, I would want a great fast bowler to spearhead our attack...I would choose Dale Steyn over some other fast bowlers because he is young and has a large amount of cricket left in him...So, he'll be able to serve Indian cricket for many years (unlike some other great fast bowlers of today)...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All time - Bradman or Sobers or Grace.
Currently for Australia - Mendis or Steyn or Sidebottom.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
For Australia definitely Mendis. Heck any number 1 spinner from another country (apart from Pakistan and West Indies) would be fine.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Well, it would obviously depend on the situation. For instance, here's the kind of line-up I'd have on a seaming pitch (or where the ball is moving in general), were I given the opportunity to replace one player from the Test line-up as of the 3rd Test against the West Indies:

P Jaques
M Hayden
R Ponting
M Hussey
M Clarke
A Symonds
B Haddin
B Lee
M Johnson
S Clark
D Steyn

For a pitch aiding spin bowling:
P Jaques
M Hayden
R Ponting
M Hussey
M Clarke
A Symonds
B Haddin
B Lee
M Johnson
M Muralitharan
S Clark

I guess I could drop Mitchell Johnson and keep Beau Casson as a second spinner, but Johnson's obviously done a lot more at international level, even if he hasn't been outstanding at any stage.