• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier 2008

James

Cricket Web Owner
Play this Tournament on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket!

August 2008

Sat 2
Group B - Kenya v Netherlands
Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast

Sat 2
Group A - Ireland v Scotland

Sat 2
Group B - Canada v Netherlands

Sun 3
Group A - Bermuda v Scotland

Sun 3
Group B - Canada v Kenya

Sun 3
Group A - Bermuda v Ireland

Mon 4
1st Semi-Final - TBC v TBC

Mon 4
2nd Semi-Final - TBC v TBC

Mon 4
3rd Place Playoff - TBC v TBC

Tue 5
5th Place Playoff - TBC v TBC

Tue 5
Final - TBC v TBC

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Sounds like a great tournament with some very well matched sides. Should produce some exciting games. Personally hoping either Kenya or Ireland qualify.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I wish Kenya, Ireland & Scotland to qualify!.... Would love to see this tournament on Tv. Is it shown in Ireland atleast?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
no and no...

Holland and Ireland to qualify....thats a wish...

the truth will be Ireland n Scotland probably?

Athlai

Not Terrible
A full strength Ireland will be hard to beat. Kenya and Scotland should do well too. Could RTD drag the dutch into the world T20?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
A full strength Ireland will be hard to beat. Kenya and Scotland should do well too. Could RTD drag the dutch into the world T20?

Taste of the pudding I always...say. I am tipping for a Kenya v. Ireland final

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
C'ARN Kenya!

With Aga and Kennedy Obuya back in the squad and in good form, Kenya are probably at their strongest for a good few years. Hopefully they can add this to the WCL Div 1 title...

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I dont want dutch to qualify on one man's show, if they qualify it should always be team effort or they will struggle at bigger stages.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I dont want dutch to qualify on one man's show, if they qualify it should always be team effort or they will struggle at bigger stages.
probably won't be a one man show...he will be supported, but yes Holland is at this point a one man show, which isn't a bad thing as it is...I don't want to know what will happen to dutch cricket once RTD calls it a day...

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
I wouldn't read too much into the Euro Cup games that don't feature two teams playing in the WC qualifiers - I'm sure they are using the other matches to do some fine tuning.

Still they bounced back pretty convincingly (albeit against a much weaker side in Norway).

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
TBF thought Itaty are a decent bit to quailfy for the World Cup. Depending on whether Bermuda get their act together and how many ring in Canada bring. They are pretty strong just need some more locals coming through.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
TBF thought Itaty are a decent bit to quailfy for the World Cup. Depending on whether Bermuda get their act together and how many ring in Canada bring. They are pretty strong just need some more locals coming through.
Dude there are teams such as UAE, NAMIBIA, DENMARK, Uganda who deserve to qualify befor ITALY!

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Well this finally gets underway tomorrow. What are the picks for day one?

I reckon:
Kenya to beat Netherlands
Ireland to beat Scotland
Canada to beat Netherlands (yes, it would probably be an upset, but if Davison fires...)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya beat Netherlands
Ireland edge out Scotland
Canada v. Netherlands could go either way though I suspect the Dutch could just sneak it

Janus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ireland to beat Scotland
Kenya to Beat Netherlands
Netherlands to beat Canada(Just)

Ireland will be fielding a near full strength squad for this(finally) so should be in the final.