• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricketers have obtained a new highest score the most times?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I really enjoy quirky stats, does anyone have a list or any idea on who has recorded a new highest score the most times in their careers?

Atapattu would be up there I'd say, anyone else seem like an obvious choice?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting question.

If it's based on the proportion of innings in which a new highest score has been made, Broad easily at the moment.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Atapattu has 7,actually 8 [counting 0 now]
S. Waugh 7.
Jacques Kallis 9.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Interesting question.

If it's based on the proportion of innings in which a new highest score has been made, Broad easily at the moment.
Yep for sure, Broad is the reason why I thought of this question.

It's most likely going to be a player who started their careers as a bowler than went to a batsmen, or someone like a McGrath.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: If anyone if planning looking it up then Gooch is worth a ponder. He started his career with 0,0,6,31,54. He then made a 90 odd the same summer, so that's at least four and I'm sure he made a steady gradual increase in PB up to his 333.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
:laugh: If anyone if planning looking it up then Gooch is worth a ponder. He started his career with 0,0,6,31,54. He then made a 90 odd the same summer, so that's at least four and I'm sure he made a steady gradual increase in PB up to his 333.
New leader, Graham Gooch with 10. [0,6,31,54,91*,99 123, 153, 196, 333].

Will look up more when I get the chance.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Not sure, but I've always wondered what the lowest unique individual test score is? (where one has been dismissed) Anyone know?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure, but I've always wondered what the lowest unique individual test score is? (where one has been dismissed) Anyone know?
229. No batsman has ever been dismissed at that score. Nor has anyone remained unbeaten with exactly 229 runs for that matter.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
229. No batsman has ever been dismissed at that score. Nor has anyone remained unbeaten with exactly 229 runs for that matter.
After that 238, 241, 245, 246, 247 and 248 are scores (under 250) at which no batsman has been dismissed.

Batsmen have remained unbeaten at 241, 246, 247 and 248, however.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
After that 238, 241, 245, 246, 247 and 248 are scores (under 250) at which no batsman has been dismissed.

Batsmen have remained unbeaten at 241, 246, 247 and 248, however.
Great work SJS!

I think I recall that 375 is the lowest team score yet to be achieved but I'm sure you'll correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Zinzan

Thankyou very much kind sir. Thought it might be lower than that TBH, possibly in the 180s.

Do you know the ODI & First class record?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just worked out some players. If they score 0 on debut that counts and if they get the same score but it's a not out that will count too.

Damian Martyn 11

Sachin Tendulkar 10
chaminda vaas 10
Graham Gooch 10

Jacques Kallis 9
David Boon 9
Ian Healy 9
Alastair Campbell 9
Alec Stewart 9
Jacob Oram 9
Ravi shastri 9
Mike Gatting 9

Shane Warne 8
Justin Langer 8
Marvan Atapattu 8

Ian Smith 7
Jason Gillespie 7
Shivnarine Chanderpaul 7
Steve Waugh 7
Martin Crowe 7
Saleem Malik 7
Imran Khan 7
Sanath Jayasuriya 7
Kapil Dev 7

Mark Richardson 6
Stephen Fleming 6
Paul Collingwood 6
Paul Strang 6
Allan Border 6

Glen Mcgrath 5
Marcus Trescothick 5
Simon Katich 5
Daniel Vettori 5
Graeme Hick 5
Geoff Marsh 5
Clive Lloyd 5

Habibul Bashar 4
Hansie Cronje 4
Chetan Chauhan 4
Richard Hadlee 4
Guy Whittal 4

Mohammed Rafique 3

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Dilip Vengsarkar

7 v NZ, 1st Test, Auckland 1975-76
16 v NZ, 2nd Test, Christchurch 1975-76
30 v NZ, 2nd Test, Christchurch 1975-76
39 v WI, 4th Test, Kingston 1975-76
48 v Aus, 1st Test, Brisbane 1976-77
49 v Aus, 2nd Test, Perth 1976-77
78 v Aus, 5th Test, Adelaide 1976-77
83 v Pak, 1st Test, Faisalabad 1977-78
157* v WI, 3rd Test, Calcutta 1978-79
159 v WI, 2nd Test, Delhi 1983-84
164* v Aus, 3rd Test, Bombay 1986-87
166 v SL, 3rd Test, Cuttack 1986-87

for a round dozen

aussie tragic

International Captain
From an Aussie Perspective:

Damien Martyn: 11
Ian Healy: 10
Graham Yallop: 9
David Boon: 9
Clem Hill: 8
Ian Chappell: 8
Justin Langer: 8
Don Bradman: 7
Stan McCabe: 7
Arthur Morris: 7
Steve Waugh: 7
Shane Warne: 7

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anderson to have this record nailed by this time next year when he scores 301* to win us the Ashes

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anderson to have this record nailed by this time next year when he scores 301* to win us the Ashes
Haha. For someone who has such a horribly poor First Class record and has even spent time batting behind Panesar, Anderson has always looked somewhat competent to me (as far as #10s go) at Test level. It's strange really; I'd expect someone with his technique and concentration to at least have a First Class fifty at one point yet his HS is in the 30s.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well I went as far as labelling him the second worst batsman in Test Cricket a few weeks back. Obviously this was just a ploy on my part to ensure that the opposition bowlers are complacent against him, and it has worked has he cracked a HS on the day I said it and again today :ph34r: