• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricketers have obtained a new highest score the most times?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Kohli getting 200, 211 and then 235 after his 169 means he is now well out in the lead
So that is 14 by my count now and you'd be a little surprised if he never beats 235. Sarfraz has not improved on his 112 for a while but he is the next best active player as far as I know.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Some of the best challengers to catch Kohli are:

Sarfraz 112 (10)
Lakmal 23 (8)
Parthiv 69 (7)

and maybe:

Maddinson 4 (3)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It is a real balancing act to stay in the team and to beat your highest score a fraction each time.

If Australia win this match and the next Test too, we might allow one more poor Test. So say he makes like 12 and 18, he'd be in a good spot 18 (5). He'd then need at the SCG say a 20-35 and then a 36* to 50* type score to get on the India tour. Say he did get the scores I said (we can use 35 and then 50*) he would have 120 runs @ 20 but 50* (7) would look good.

This is serious business.

Burner

International Regular
Yet another Indian batsman playing for a personal milestone. Parthiv the selfish **** really wants this and just outscored his previous best by just 2 runs so that he doesn't have higher to climb to outdo it again.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It is a real balancing act to stay in the team and to beat your highest score a fraction each time.

If Australia win this match and the next Test too, we might allow one more poor Test. So say he makes like 12 and 18, he'd be in a good spot 18 (5). He'd then need at the SCG say a 20-35 and then a 36* to 50* type score to get on the India tour. Say he did get the scores I said (we can use 35 and then 50*) he would have 120 runs @ 20 but 50* (7) would look good.

This is serious business.
I don't think he plays at the SCG with scores of 12 and 18 now. Perhaps a 32 and a good looking 38* will be enough.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If he plays at the MCG then surely he gets the SCG?

There's no Shield cricket for a KPat (for example) to score a ton in and remind the selectors that they might be a better bet.

Bijed

International Regular
I don't know what the weather will be like in the ongoing Australia/Pakistan test, but if it continues to be rainy are we in with a chance of play being called off for the final time with Maddinson on 5* or something and giving him a useful boost in his quest for the record?