• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricketers have obtained a new highest score the most times?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FTR, the previous lowest team score never made (9) was obliterated earlier today as South Africa made 9\0 to beat England. It now rests... well, read here.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I've no idea what I was going on about. I thought I read this in an "ask Bearders" article somewhere but obviously wrong. Sorry for talking rubbish. I promise it will happen again.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
FTR, the previous lowest team score never made (9) was obliterated earlier today as South Africa made 9\0 to beat England. It now rests... well, read here.
Q: What is the lowest individual and team score that has never been gotten?

A: In Test terms (it's obviously not possible to look definitively in First-Class ones), it is 229 (for individuals) and 18 (for teams). If you wanted to look a bit higher, 56 has also never been made. And next it's 525.
It's the 525 I must have been thinking about when I said 375. Which means I got one digit from three right, if you ignore the lower scores of 9, 18 and 56. Oh dear.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
After that 238, 241, 245, 246, 247 and 248 are scores (under 250) at which no batsman has been dismissed.

Batsmen have remained unbeaten at 241, 246, 247 and 248, however.
I think Sachin himself has been unbeaten on 241 and 248, actually... :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just worked out some players. If they score 0 on debut that counts and if they get the same score but it's a not out that will count too.

Damian Martyn 11

Sachin Tendulkar 10
chaminda vaas 10
Graham Gooch 10

Jacques Kallis 9
David Boon 9
Ian Healy 9
Alastair Campbell 9
Alec Stewart 9
Jacob Oram 9
Ravi shastri 9
Mike Gatting 9

Shane Warne 8
Justin Langer 8
Marvan Atapattu 8

Ian Smith 7
Jason Gillespie 7
Shivnarine Chanderpaul 7
Steve Waugh 7
Martin Crowe 7
Saleem Malik 7
Imran Khan 7
Sanath Jayasuriya 7
Kapil Dev 7

Mark Richardson 6
Stephen Fleming 6
Paul Collingwood 6
Paul Strang 6
Allan Border 6

Glen Mcgrath 5
Marcus Trescothick 5
Simon Katich 5
Daniel Vettori 5
Graeme Hick 5
Geoff Marsh 5
Clive Lloyd 5

Habibul Bashar 4
Hansie Cronje 4
Chetan Chauhan 4
Richard Hadlee 4
Guy Whittal 4

Mohammed Rafique 3
I think Lara would have an entry at 3.. I am sure his 277 would have been 1, 375 would have been 2 and 400 would have made 3.....

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Thankyou very much kind sir. Thought it might be lower than that TBH, possibly in the 180s.

Do you know the ODI & First class record?
To the best of my knowledge the only scores under 300 that have never been scored by a batsman are 289 and 293 (There might be a score hidden somewhere to prove this wrong but I doubt it)

The score of 298 has seen only an unbeaten innings.

Beyond 300, the score is 326 (for certain) at which no innings (out or not out) has ended. The lowest score at which no batsman has been out (300+) is 303. Not surprising since people tend to declare as soon as a batsman reaches 300 or so.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Thankyou very much kind sir. Thought it might be lower than that TBH, possibly in the 180s.

Do you know the ODI & First class record?
In ODI's 155 is a score at which no batsman's innings has ended (including unbeaten knocks).

The lowest score at which a batsman has never been dismissed is 133.

Dissector

International Debutant
Ha, I dropped by just to post the Cricinfo article. As usual a very through job. Of the three current players on the list I wonder if any will be able to add to their tally. Vaas needs to beat 100; quite possible especially against BD. Tendulkar needs to beat 248 and Sanga 287 which will be hard but at least Sanga has a lot of time to do it.

All three of them are on 10 so they need another two highest scores to equal Vengsarkar; I would imagine his record will be safe for a while.