• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Allrounder All Time?

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
That's probably why he wasn't consistent in the early 80s, he was captain! Paul 1 - 0 marc. Whoop!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That's probably why he wasn't consistent in the early 80s, he was captain! Paul 1 - 0 marc. Whoop!

Erm no, you can't change what you say and claim to have out-argued me - you said his peak in terms of figures was the late 70's and early 80s, which it wasn't as I showed.

I'll accept Neil's point as he backed it up (although IIRC that is only at one point in time - over a career I'd still favour Sobers, which was the original point wasn't it?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That's Paul 0-1 Marc I think..

Fulton should be picked was the argument. And while the selectors stick with the old boys club mentality he won't.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Currently we're drawing that one, but if, as I stated, Fulton averages less than 50 over this season I claim the victory.

;)

C_C

International Captain
Best ever: Gary Sobers
Followed by: Imran Khan
then by: keith Miller.

then comes the rest.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
just like to throw a name in here, not as the best, but as a quality all rounder, and probably australia's last of any real long term substance.

alan davison

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
vic_orthdox said:
just like to throw a name in here, not as the best, but as a quality all rounder, and probably australia's last of any real long term substance.

alan davison
Wasn't he regarded as the best left armer ever before Wasim came along? And I believe ppl. always compared him to Wasim. Was he good with the bat too?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
saved australia a number of times with the bat. from memory, a perfect example of this is the tied test vs the west indies.

C_C

International Captain
Wasim wasnt an allrounder and neither was Davidson.......
allrounder is one who can do a good job with both the bat and ball ( or bat and wicketkeeping)......
Akram and Davidson were excellent bowlers but tailenders with the bat....players like Akram,davidson,warne,marshall etc. are handy with the bat but by no stretch of imagination are they allrounders........for if they are allrounders, then Steve Waugh, Tendulkar, Viv Richards are all allrounders.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
after his effort in the last test...glenn mcgrath??

davison averaged 25 in test cricket, i think thats definently enough to be considered a bowling all-rounder at the very least. as well as averaging 20.53 with the ball