• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funny cricket bat stories

billysixbats

Cricket Spectator
Has anyone got any funny, weird, and downright silly stories or anecdotes of people using cricket bats in a non-cricket environment?

The best two will feature in a book proposal I am preparing on cricket bats. If the book is commissioned there will be a sprinkling of these throughout the book, with a credit to the source.

billysixbats

Cricket Spectator
Gillespie's Wooden Horse?

Only a bowler could treat his bat with such respect! Could it also be symbolic of him getting a stiffy on reaching his 50...

He is reprising a sceme from Happy Gilmore, which happens to be one of the funniest sport movies ever made.

bhupabhupa

Cricket Spectator
Jason Gillespie has batted well for many occasions. The way he celebrates is so funny in your picture. I saw it for the first time.

===========

bhupa

worldinfo

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In 1983 a Judge in Aylesbury Crown Court sentenced a man to 7 years imprisonment for smuggling £190,000 worth of heroin into the country in some cricket bats which were in his wife's luggage

chyickenkeev

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i celebated by using my bat as an electric guitar...

this wicket keeper wouldnt let it go. i had 5 overs of the fielding team calling me "billie joe" and "slash"