• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

luffy

International Captain
I just thought i might start up a thread, for the Australian Domestic Season. Queensland would be favourites after last season convincing series win for the Pura Cup. Who won the ING Cup?? I cant remember:laugh:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
For the Pura & ING Cup, i would like to see:

- Blokes like Tait, Johnson, Cullen, Bird, Hilfenaus, Bailey & even Bracken (when he is not in the ODI team) be amongst the higest wicket takers ahead of the old boys i.e Bichel, Kasper, Gillespie, MacGill.

- Gillespie will not start the ashes & if Clark bowls well & baring no injuries to the likes of the main fast-bowling trio he wont start in the ashes. I hope he can have a good season with the ball because with McGrath likely to retire in a few years his experience could be useful in the next 2-3 years.

- In the keeping department Haddin to keep improving & either Hartley or Ronchi to make the big step with both bat & gloves.

- In the batting Cosgrove, Marsh, Rodgers, White to continue batting well & push there claims for positions in the test & ODI side, also the probable emergence of Henriques.

All may not happen but hopefully a majority of it does.

Hodgo7

School Boy/Girl Captain
Blues to bounce back and once again regain supremacy in Australian domestic cricket.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
open365 said:
Is it true that Australia only have 6 domestic sides?
Yup. Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, Tasmania, New South Wales & Queensland.

ACT Comets used to be involved a while back but aren't in it now.

brockley

International Captain
Cricket Australia have labelled the canberra comets a pandora box never to be reopened,i have heard,the canberra comets are now pretty much defunct.
They play in the sydney state com-petition,and are pretty much now part of the NSWCA,a perenial breeding ground for the blues.
They were kicked out of the comp 1 on results and 2 the other states felt canberra could become compettition in getting international matches.
The blues will be competive in the one dayers but not the 4 dayers,we have one of the worst attacks now,batting is strong but if we lose jaques it will be hard to win a 4 day game.Be interested in what people think the NSW team will look like next season.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Blues won the ING of course. With Tait almost winning them the match, whilst simultaneously losing it for them. :p

I predict the emergence of Aaron O`Brien this season. I really hope Bird goes well too. And Dorey. :)

brockley said:
Cricket Australia have labelled the canberra comets a pandora box never to be reopened,i have heard,the canberra comets are now pretty much defunct.
They play in the sydney state com-petition,and are pretty much now part of the NSWCA,a perenial breeding ground for the blues.
They were kicked out of the comp 1 on results and 2 the other states felt canberra could become compettition in getting international matches.
The blues will be competive in the one dayers but not the 4 dayers,we have one of the worst attacks now,batting is strong but if we lose jaques it will be hard to win a 4 day game.Be interested in what people think the NSW team will look like next season.
ACT have never played in the Sydney Grade Comp but have played in the Newly formed Regional comp which started last year the juniors play from U12 up

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Hoping the mighty Vics can consolidate on their form from last year :) Taking out the inaugural 20Twenty cup was a good effort, and we made the Pura Cup Final. Here's hoping our young team continue to build.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TBH, will really only be keeping an eye on a few players (Henriques, Cullen, Casson, Cosgrove, etc). Don't really care about a single team that much.

brockley

International Captain
There is a state league part of the NSWCA plans, teams included are 3/4 combined sydney teams north,south,west,east, also included is NSW country and the canberra comets.Check the grade website http://www.cricketnsw.com.au/nswgc/ .
Its on corey richards form in this state league and grade cricket he was recalled to the NSW team last season.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chooka_nick said:
Hoping the mighty Vics can consolidate on their form from last year :) Taking out the inaugural 20Twenty cup was a good effort, and we made the Pura Cup Final. Here's hoping our young team continue to build.
A bowling machine would have been more competitive in the Pura Cup final...:laugh: :tongue:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blues won the ING of course. With Tait almost winning them the match, whilst simultaneously losing it for them.
The SA batsmen most definitely lost that game. The bowling from NSW was top-notch but even that taken into account and the pitch slightly green, SA"s batsmen just weren't up to it.

A bowling machine would have been more competitive in the Pura Cup final...
Oh how quickly we forget the previous year's final......... :p

Either way, in all seriousness, we've had two very boring finals. Even when QLD won their first final, with everything on the line and it being played at home and would have been entirely justified in putting out a road for the final, they played good cricket to win it and not to just draw it (still got the official highlights on vid and they're great to watch, except for the first morning; that was just painful for an SA fan). The 'Gabba and MCG heirarchies have done more to kill off the concept of the final than any other teams for years. It makes me wish we'd just go back to the old system of 'first past the post' because at least teams will play every game hard (except in the case of a runaway winner of course). The last two finals have been bat-fests; BOOOOOOORING.

Myself, I think SA are in with a shot in the Pura Cup for a top-two finish. I don't think any of their players will see any Test action so why not? The talent is there. ING Cup, I think NSW will win it again against QLD in the final. Too many excellent OD players coming out of the the NSW grade comp these days.

Players to watch; Mark Cosgrove, Aaron O'Brien, Shaun Marsh.