• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
kears_falcon_9 said:
So you have bagged SA throughout this page and you clearly like WA :blink:
Why is that so hard to understand? All I did was argue that WA have a better team than SA.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dasa said:
Nothing proven yet....would you take so kindly to calling Warne the same?
Be honest though, have you ever heard of the B sample coming back with a different result?

Mister Wright

andyc said:
Be honest though, have you ever heard of the B sample coming back with a different result?
Yes. I think it was a rugby league player or cyclist, but it was more due to a mix up with the A sample.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
A frustrated Warne, who had figures of 1-113 at his bogy ground, bowled three successive bouncers at the end of his 25th over to ensure Bushrangers skipper Cameron White removed him from the attack immediately.
I hope he does that in the ashes...

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
andyc said:
Not really, but according to article, these tests can be misleading, so it's still too early to call them cheats.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Insane partnership between Rogers and North! Just awesome.

The whole innings took less than 5 sessions, giving them every chance to take the win. Couldnt ask for a better start from WA, something theyve failed to do for quite a few seasons.

sideshowtim

Banned
Dasa said:
Nothing proven yet....would you take so kindly to calling Warne the same?
Yep, but Warne has served his time now. He used the drug to lose weight not to enhance his performance anyway.

And Poms, I wouldn't read too much into Warneys figures, he's never done magnificently for Victoria compared to Australia.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
top stuff from Rogers as everyone is saying the bloke is hitting form at the right time & is definately a future test opener. North had faded away a bit hopefully this innings will kick start a good season for him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
sideshowtim said:
Yep, but Warne has served his time now. He used the drug to lose weight not to enhance his performance anyway.
So stupid.

Without wanting to turn this thread into one about performance enhancing drugs and the Shoiab/Asif situation, Warne took a masking agent. Its not too far fetched to realise that, as he screwed his shoulder before the World Cup, and wanted to make the WC his swansong in ODIs, he may have taken something to return back in time.

sideshowtim

Banned
Give me rock solid evidence that Warne used steroids and I'll belive it. No one can seem to. He used Diuretics which CAN be used as a masking agent, with many other effects. It's not to far fetched to realise that, as he was overweight in 2003, and wanted to make the WC his swansong in ODI's, he may have taken something to help him get into better shape.

Mister Wright

sideshowtim said:
Give me rock solid evidence that Warne used steroids and I'll belive it. No one can seem to. He used Diuretics which CAN be used as a masking agent, with many other effects. It's not to far fetched to realise that, as he was overweight in 2003, and wanted to make the WC his swansong in ODI's, he may have taken something to help him get into better shape.
Look, we all know Warne has hardly anything upstairs, but really - a diuretic to lose weight? Given that he is a professional sportsman and has many legal avenues at his disposal to lose weight (professional trainers, dieticians, etc) why would he use a diuretic?

So we are just to assume that it is an amazing coincidence that Warne recovered quickly from that injury and at the same time used a diuretic to get slim quick for a press conference?

sideshowtim

Banned
vic_orthdox said:
Or judge his prospects on the form of cricket in which he's been successful - one day cricket?
You're acting like he's useless at the longer form, he's been in a bit of a bad form patch at the moment but he's still averaging nigh on 50 for First-Class cricket.