• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

Josh

International Regular
White had a fair few huge hits there. I was left stunned. If he isn't in contention for the world cup, something's wrong.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Josh said:
White had a fair few huge hits there. I was left stunned. If he isn't in contention for the world cup, something's wrong.
I'm sure he's in contention, but his bowling really isn't good enough to be relied on for 10 overs. He'd have to justify his position with the bat alone, like Symonds.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Alysum said:
Good to see Hayden getting some runs (85) and he's even the skipper lol strange to see him giving orders...

By the way where is Kasper ? Is he still nursing his injury from the South Africa tour ? That was a long time ago...
Has a new injury I believe.

Johnson not making many waves.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Has a new injury I believe.

Johnson not making many waves.
I thought he bowled pretty well again. Threatened quite a lot in his early spell. Didn't see his last four overs, though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Didn`t see any of it tbh. My point was just that he hasn`t taken many wickets for Queensland of late to justify his selection for an Ashes test. Bowled very well against WA in Perth though.

brockley

International Captain
I actually think white is a better prospect at test level.
He is to expensive and hittable in onedayers,especially the games he played for australia.
In the end its his batting that will open the doors.
The best 3 spinners in the oneday comp are hauritz,simpson and kregja talk about them for the world cup.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was a really good game last night. Hayden looked really good, Buchannan & Hartley finished the innings well. Simpson & Bichel bowled well. McKay bowled well for Victoria and White played a lone hand with the bat (but was useless with the ball). It was a comfortable victory in the end for QLD.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The Tasmania vs SA game is going right down to the wire. Tasmania were 1/66 at tea chasing 315, but they've gone flat out for it. Currently need 76 off 8 overs with Bailey and Marsh at the crease. Bailey's hit six boundaries in three overs and is on 40 off 22.

EDIT: Geez, 12 off the next over, with Marsh getting in on the act. If SA don't get a wicket Tasmania might win this. 64 off 7 overs.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Looks to be an exciting match. Which I had pay tv in this house. I'm goping Tasmania can get home.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It's not on Pay TV, it's a Pura Cup game.

Anyway, Bailey out for 47 off 28 and Geeves out immediately, so that should be the end of the chase. SA might win now though, they need 3 wickets in 6 overs. Tasmania need 57 more runs.

NZTailender

Pretty tense game in the end. Both sides deserved the win, really. Birt had two good fifties but will need to convert them in the future.

NZTailender

Jaques out for 10. Cowan gunning it while Katich is off to a slow start (:() but looks to be picking up the pace.

NZTailender

NZTailender said:
Cowan ploughs his way to 50. I'm tipping him to get his maiden 100 here.

:cool:

28.6 White to Cowan, FOUR, pulls through square leg and there's his ton, fine knock in 110 minutes from 98 balls with 2x6 & 9x4

NZTailender

chaminda_00 said:
Quality innings, just what our season needed

Yeah. :) Katich finally hitting some one day form too.

Cowan - will play for Australia one day, I'm tipping. Looks solid.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Don`t understand all the people who have been bagging Cowan out. Has looked good every time before he`s got out, glad to see he`s built on a start.

NZTailender

NSW have a great platform for the last ten overs. Should be looking at 300+

Edit: Cowan got out just before I posted, so at least I didn't jinx him...

Great innings, anyway. His first List A century in his 7th game. Congrats to him :)