• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
Has Bracken just bowled the best ever 10 overs in a OD match? I think so.

Possibly the best cricket I have ever watched.
Not a slightly bias view there eh Nath :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
He finishes with 1/12 off 10 and I swear about literally 10 play and misses. Amazing.

Perm

Nathan Bracken is such a gun, even if his middle name is Wade. Great spell of bowling.

Mister Wright

Qld were playing not only against NSW, but that umpire. What a gimp! Bichel should have had both Christian and Thornely caught behind beforet they were both out.

Good win for Qld, just what we needed. Hopefully another one against Victoria at the 'Gabaa on Friday night.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hilfenhaus for Perth? :p Mammoth effort by him. Cullen continues to be abysmal.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Hilfenhaus just keeps improving. I really liked Johnson's opening spell last night too. Only the one wicket, but could easily have had two or three more. He uses his height so well, and gets great bounce off a length for a bowler who isn't all that big. It's such a contrast to bowlers like Lee and Tait who just skid on, and makes him seem a lot quicker than he is IMO. Good signs for Australia's future pace attack.

This Birt guy can bat, too.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Tait, Johnson, Hilfenhaus looking good for the future.

Where are all the spinners...? :(

Johnners

FaaipDeOiad said:
Yeah, Hilfenhaus just keeps improving. I really liked Johnson's opening spell last night too. Only the one wicket, but could easily have had two or three more. He uses his height so well, and gets great bounce off a length for a bowler who isn't all that big.

This Birt guy can bat, too.
Agreed on all 3 counts.

It'll be criminal if Hilfenhaus doesn't get a gig in the VB series this year imo. Birt can definetly bat, but he really needs to stop scoring 70's and turn them into 100+ scores if he wants to be taken seriously by the selectors

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Clapo said:
Agreed on all 3 counts.

It'll be criminal if Hilfenhaus doesn't get a gig in the VB series this year imo. Birt can definetly bat, but he really needs to stop scoring 70's and turn them into 100+ scores if he wants to be taken seriously by the selectors
Usually the selectors draft in 2 or 3 bowlers from outside the first team over the course of the matches, but there's a world cup looming this year. I think McGrath, Lee, Bracken, Hogg, Johnson and Clark will probably be the bowlers used. Hilfenhaus might get a gig if there's an injury, though.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Nnanden said:
Tait, Johnson, Hilfenhaus looking good for the future.

Where are all the spinners...? :(
Dont forget Mckay, he'll be a great player as well.

Johnners

FaaipDeOiad said:
Usually the selectors draft in 2 or 3 bowlers from outside the first team over the course of the matches, but there's a world cup looming this year. I think McGrath, Lee, Bracken, Hogg, Johnson and Clark will probably be the bowlers used. Hilfenhaus might get a gig if there's an injury, though.
Yeah, i can see those 6 mentioned combining to be our bowling attack at the WC. If theres an injury though, imo Hilfenhaus should be at the head of the list of those waiting in line. I reckon he warrants a place ahead of Tait because not only has he been taking wickets, but he's bowled economically as well.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
mikeW said:
Dont forget Mckay, he'll be a great player as well.
He`s played all of four games for Victoria. Would reserve my judgement before calling him great.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Nnanden said:
He`s played all of four games for Victoria. Would reserve my judgement before calling him great.
He's from Essendon which makes him great in my eyes :laugh:

He's a decent prospect though.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Hayden starting to get into some runs now. He was scatchy for the first 50 but is starting to open up now. Still not vintage Hayden but the longer he stays out there, the better he is getting.

Alysum

U19 Debutant
Good to see Hayden getting some runs (85) and he's even the skipper lol strange to see him giving orders...

By the way where is Kasper ? Is he still nursing his injury from the South Africa tour ? That was a long time ago...