• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Mister Wright said:
How's this for summing up Tate?

This is his last 2 overs:

1 . 4 . nb W wd W

. . . W nb 1 4
Summed up well considering none of the wickets were recognised FC batsman and his other wicket, Mail, is bloody ordinary. Tait's figures come up well but he needs to be able to dismiss the Jaques' of domestic cricket and not bully the rest, pace alone won't worry too many international batsman. I'm a fan but I think Johnson has leap frogged him.

From the look of the scorecard South Australia came out swinging to build a lead and now they are in a bit of trouble.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Do you reckon that Manou will force his way back into the team for the next amtch after Shane Deitz 100* and 35* (currently) or do you think he will sit out until Deitz fails, or do you think that someone else e.g Borgas or Adcock (even though they have both played well in different games so far) will be dropped for him?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
kears_falcon_9 said:
Do you reckon that Manou will force his way back into the team for the next amtch after Shane Deitz 100* and 35* (currently) or do you think he will sit out until Deitz fails, or do you think that someone else e.g Borgas or Adcock (even though they have both played well in different games so far) will be dropped for him?
Manou will come in as keeper and Dietz will most likely be moved to opener. Don't forget Elliot is to come back too. Borgas hasn't had a good game, so will likely get replaced.

Perm

South Austrlia crumble to 173/6 with only Mark Cosgrove really standing up to the bowlers, his innings was ended on 43 by MacGill. Bollinger has 4-49 of 10.3.

Mister Wright

Perm said:
South Austrlia crumble to 173/6 with only Mark Cosgrove really standing up to the bowlers, his innings was ended on 43 by MacGill. Bollinger has 4-49 of 10.3.
And Deitz (40*) and Bailey (21* - not a recognised batsman).

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Perm said:
Hardly call it a crumble. We lost two wickets in two balls and everyone else has made starts. Lehmann was on fire and got out to stupid shot, Cossie exactly the same but made twice as many runs, Deitz looking solid on 44*. Bailey just fell for 25 (great innings in the context of things).

We (Redbacks) have a lead of 286 with i reckon about 15 overs give or take a few, left ot play today. Probably bat them out (hopefully) and declare over night depending on the runs. If we declare tonight and give them a few overs i dont reckon we will have enough runs.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
SA all out for 198. Nine overs remaining in the day's play, NSW need 294 to win

Whats everyones thoughts? Quick wickets should give SA a victory but if NSW set into a good partnership in the top 4 or 5 bats, it could go thier way.

Perm

I'm picking NSW to win this game, with Jaques getting around 60-70 runs. I'd like SA to win but I think that Jaques could power New South Wales to a victory.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love to see Douggie Bolinger make it to the top - I used to play against him in the park until about 4 years ago. Intteresting prospect with a two-piece ball on astroturf, I'll tell you.:-O

howardj

International Coach
Jacques is doing what Hayden did to get back into the Australian team - i.e knocking the selectorial door off its hinges with sheer weight of runs. People used to ask why Hayden was given so many chances to establish himself. The answer is because he did what other guys in a similar position (such as Blewett and Elliot, who had also been dropped a couple of times) did not. That is, be a run scoring machine. Churn them out until you're blue in the face.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bailey also seems to be bowling well again. Should be an interesting finish. If Jaques gets out you can certainly see a NSW collapse, given that SA have a good attack and there's not that much batting to come.

howardj

International Coach
Bails would probably have his nose in front of Cullen, at this stage, when SA play only one spinner.

sideshowtim

Banned
Jaques out for 79 but that is a brilliant start to his season. Would've been nice for him to stay out there and get the runsfor NSW but 163 & 79 in your first match of the season...good stuff.