• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Past the 150 now. Few more decent scores and he'll have to be selected. Should be Martyn who loses his spot for him rather than Langer, mind you. Those saying Langer's spot is in trouble are pretty shortsighted IMO. He was our best batsman last Ashes, and is half of one of the best opening combinations of all time, and just cause he got hit on the head and sat a few games out, people want him dropped?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jaques has been given a few chances, albeit scattered ones, to win a place in the international side and he's not really done all that much. If he'd smashed 150 odd against Bangladesh for instance, or made some runs in the DLF Cup, he'd probably be in India right now.

It's great that he keeps making domestic runs, but he's got to take his chances in the international side when he gets them too.

Johnners

andyc said:
Past the 150 now. Few more decent scores and he'll have to be selected. Should be Martyn who loses his spot for him rather than Langer, mind you. Those saying Langer's spot is in trouble are pretty shortsighted IMO. He was our best batsman last Ashes, and is half of one of the best opening combinations of all time, and just cause he got hit on the head and sat a few games out, people want him dropped?
Whilst i agree that martyn should be the 1st dropped, i doubt whether the selectors would put Jaques in the middle order as it's unstable enough as it is, and with Langer likely to retire anytime soon (he did say he was seriously considering the ashes to be his last series) putting Phil in at 4, and then moving him again is just going cause more instability.

Yes langer was our best batsmen last ashes, but after the way martyn got dropped after being the best bat for the 18 months prior to the ashes, Langer will definelty have to be on his toes.

sideshowtim

Banned
Clapo said:
Whilst i agree that martyn should be the 1st dropped, i doubt whether the selectors would put Jaques in the middle order as it's unstable enough as it is, and with Langer likely to retire anytime soon (he did say he was seriously considering the ashes to be his last series) putting Phil in at 4, and then moving him again is just going cause more instability.

Yes langer was our best batsmen last ashes, but after the way martyn got dropped after being the best bat for the 18 months prior to the ashes, Langer will definelty have to be on his toes.
Well Langer just scored 324 over in England, so he's not exactly out of form. No one works harder than Langer on their fitness and I think he'll do just fine come Ashes time.

Johnners

sideshowtim said:
Well Langer just scored 324 over in England, so he's not exactly out of form. No one works harder than Langer on their fitness and I think he'll do just fine come Ashes time.
I didn't say he wasn't :) ... anyway, i hope your right, he's been imo 1 of the most underestimated players in world cricket in the last 5/6 years, and his contributions to the Australia team often go unnoticed. I sincerely hopes he's not uncerimoniously dropped like marto was, but he really does need to perform, as with the turbulent nature of the Aust. selectors of late anything could happen.

Rogers_Chris

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys, new here. I'm a big fan of Jacques, but I don't want him to do well, because I want Rogers to be the next opener for Australia!

Mister Wright

Rogers_Chris said:
Hey guys, new here. I'm a big fan of Jacques, but I don't want him to do well, because I want Rogers to be the next opener for Australia!
Really? Never would have guessed that...:dry:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Taits just ripped apart the NSW tail with two wickets in an over... and Boof got a runout in the first over (Jaques) looking like SA will take the points here although Haddin is still in so anythnig could happen.

Mister Wright

How's this for summing up Tate?

This is his last 2 overs:

1 . 4 . nb W wd W

. . . W nb 1 4

Last edited:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
How's this for summing up Tate?

This is his last 2 overs:

1 . 4 . nb W wd W

. . . W nb 1 4
*TAIT

And yer its a fair summary of were he is at... but meh it seems to work mighty fine... avg of about 21 in the OD game and 27 in FC it's not that bad. True that he is a bit wayward and expensive but hes a wicket taker and hes mighty good :)

sideshowtim

Banned
Typical of NSW of late, get off to a good start thanks to Jaques to have our lower order let us down. Good to see Tait finding some form though.

Mister Wright

kears_falcon_9 said:
*TAIT

And yer its a fair summary of were he is at... but meh it seems to work mighty fine... avg of about 21 in the OD game and 27 in FC it's not that bad. True that he is a bit wayward and expensive but hes a wicket taker and hes mighty good :)
Look. I'm not having a go at him at all. It has been a while since Australia has had an out and out strike bowler. We need a wicket taker.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Yer i wasnt having a dig at you either. I no were ure coming from, hes extremely frustrating to watch at times and at other times you think hes a star.

Hopefully he stays injury free and gets back ahead of mitchell for the next bowling spot.

Perm

Great to see Tait getting 4 wickets and also Jaques amongst the runs. Pity he was run out. Some good batting by the Victoria top and middle order salvages a draw and WA will be disappionted that they couldn't bowl them out twice.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Bollinger was just on a Hat-Trick, got Harris and Borgas then Cossie faced the hatrick delivery, almost beat him too.

Hopefully Cosgrove and Adcock can put on a decent 50 run partnership to steddy ship, with a 100 odd run lead atm you would still think S.A shouldnt loose.