• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

sideshowtim

Banned
Yeah I'd probably say SA have honours at the end of Day 1.

Mash doing nicely at the moment, he has alot of potential and is still young, I just hope he can do the same throughout the season. Oh, and Dave Hussey is doing fine at the moment too.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Moises Henriques making his first class debut, looked like a huge talent in the Under 19 WC.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Alysum said:
Why aren't Elliot or Blewett playing for SA ?
Elliott copped a couple of blows on Sunday, and towards the end of the innings was holding his chest in between balls. Not sure what his problems were, but it may have something to do with that.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`ll let you in on a secret young Jack. I`m actually Greg Blewett! And I`m really angry at what you just said. (Not really, it`s just a joke).

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see Callum Ferguson get a few runs today. IMO he's definetly got the ability to break into the International side later on in his career. However he needs to start turning those 60's & 70's into 110+ if he is to further enhance his reputation.

Must ask those who have seen henriques Bat & Bowl, how do his techniques look?? From what i've read about him, he seems a brilliant player.. but does he look at that he's cracked up to be??

Matt79

Global Moderator
wow - the vics got thumped over the last couple of days didn't they. :(

And are we pleased that Henriques claimed his first FC scalp, or disappointed Cosgrove got out cheaply?

sideshowtim

Banned
Clapo said:
Good to see Callum Ferguson get a few runs today. IMO he's definetly got the ability to break into the International side later on in his career. However he needs to start turning those 60's & 70's into 110+ if he is to further enhance his reputation.

Must ask those who have seen henriques Bat & Bowl, how do his techniques look?? From what i've read about him, he seems a brilliant player.. but does he look at that he's cracked up to be??
His technique has been compared to Mark Waugh's...which means he should be great to watch. Would make a side on batting or bowling alone apparently...Just can't wait till he gets more games under his belt because he is a very exciting prospect...never since Clarke or maybe even Ponting has this much hype surrounded a player.

Happy that Henriques got a wicket but disappointed it had to be Cosgrove because I always like to see him do well.

sideshowtim

Banned
I think I might head down to the tour match and see how he fares against the Poms. It will be a reward for myself for finishing my exams :D Hope he plays.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Matt79 said:
wow - the vics got thumped over the last couple of days didn't they. :(

And are we pleased that Henriques claimed his first FC scalp, or disappointed Cosgrove got out cheaply?
Can't get much better than seeing the Vics get thumped imo :)

What should be the most worrying is that n their last two efforts in the FC field they've taken a grand total of 8 wickets whilst conceding 1508 runs from 342 overs, at a run rate of 3.91. A little concerning for their bowling attack to say the least.

As for the Henriques/Cosgrove question... Pleased to se Moses claim his 1st FC Scalp, Cosgrove will score plenty more runs.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I was about to say that, as Shippard maintains, Lewis is unlucky to have been culled from the international squad so quickly.