• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
sideshowtim said:
You're acting like he's useless at the longer form, he's been in a bit of a bad form patch at the moment but he's still averaging nigh on 50 for First-Class cricket.
Which is nearly completely due to him pasting pop-gun attacks in County Cricket. He had one fantastic year of Pura Cup cricket, but he's been dropped from the FC side in the past two seasons.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
MacGill getting smacked early on. Probably the only man to think he shouldn`t be picked for the Ashes, and figures like these are a start. :p

Nicholson going well, NSW have a VERY bowler-heavy side.

sideshowtim

Banned
Henriques has bowled without luck so far, has had a couple of edges fly past slip and a beaten the batsmen a couple of times. Good to see.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sideshowtim said:
Henriques has bowled without luck so far, has had a couple of edges fly past slip and a beaten the batsmen a couple of times. Good to see.
Are you at the game with a laptop?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The number of times I`ve seen Warne try to go after opposition spinners, hit them for a boundary or two, then get out is ridiculous. Great stuff by Heal though, must be loving it.

sideshowtim

Banned
That's 50 for Ronald McDonald. Good stuff...meant to be a decent all-rounder although hasn't proven himself with either discipline really.

Crosswaite - I keep hearing people dub him Australia's next keeper - He hasn't proven anything so far, what's the go?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cam White and Andrew McDonald the only ones showing any guts and fight for Victoria. Callum Ferguson and Darren Lehman are looking solid for South Australia after a half century to Daniel Harris. MacGill is sitting on 0/29 off 4 overs, getting smashed around.

sideshowtim

Banned
Cam White needs to work on his bowling big time. If he can get his bowling right he will be an excellent allrounder. Thats one of the very few problems with Aussie cricket -- too many batting allrounders, not enough bowling ones.

Ferguson is a great young player, hoping for a big season from him.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Tragic that O`Brien hasn`t been given a bowl yet.

EDIT: LOL @ Casson`s figures.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Any radio coverage for these matches? Can't seem to pick anything up. No ABC local radio? Online streams? :(

sideshowtim

Banned
Woo! Heal! 4/48! Granted they were lower-order players but it's still great to see a new young spinner doing well. I said yesterday that WA needed a good spinner if they were to win the competition and it looks like they may just have one.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
sideshowtim said:
Woo! Heal! 4/48! Granted they were lower-order players but it's still great to see a new young spinner doing well. I said yesterday that WA needed a good spinner if they were to win the competition and it looks like they may just have one.
2005 Ashes? Windies pace-quartet? I don`t think you NEED a spinner to be heaps successful, but it doesn`t hurt. :p

sideshowtim

Banned
NSW in a pretty good position here...Jaques will have to hit a ton I think though, we don't particulary have a very strong batting line up.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
sideshowtim said:
NSW in a pretty good position here
Hard to tell without seeing how the pitch is playing but given that the pace bowlers are the ones to have an impact for NSW anything over 300 will be a decent result for South Australia. Gillespie, Tait and Rofe are a class above Nicholson, Bollinger and Henriques.