• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If convicted will he ever play international cricket again?

Asif's future ?

• Total voters

FRAZ

International Captain
Wada yada yada yap yap or do you think that PCB will really ban him IF he is found guilty in the second and comprehensive testing ?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I really don't know. My instinct says no, because of the amount of precedent on this, but even the most advanced of trends stop somewhere eventually.

FRAZ

International Captain
I really don't know. My instinct says no, because of the amount of precedent on this, but even the most advanced of trends stop somewhere eventually.
I highly doubt the sanity in PCB higher ranks but still I think that this matter is definately going to be handled according to the international standards by these species working in the PCB office .

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wada yada yada yap yap or do you think that PCB will really ban him IF he is found guilty in the second and comprehensive testing ?
I hate to say it, but I honestly think it depends who the player is (excuse my ignorance if he has been named already). If it was someone like Dhoni, I can't see it being a significant ban with such a high profile and popular player.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He'll play again

According to Dubai paper, maximum penalty under WADA guidelines is 5 years

On a sidenote, same article claimed that any potential hearing before ICC would be held away from its' Dubai headquarters as one of the conditions of his deportation was that he was banned from Middle East "for life."

Pakistan is not a member of WADA, so Asif would come back again and that too very soon.

Name any country which has banned any player for using banned substances. Was Shane Warne banned? Moreover profile of the player also matters. Not easy to ban players like Warne...

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
according to wada rules, the player's identity is not supposed to be released until after testing the "b" sample. this makes it more likely that the scumbag asif will get off free because of this technicality.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WADA have no power to influence this, as Pakistan do not subscribe to them. Nor, UIMM, is there any general line of connection within the game of cricket.

pasag

RTDAS
Pakistan is not a member of WADA, so Asif would come back again and that too very soon.

Name any country which has banned any player for using banned substances. Was Shane Warne banned? Moreover profile of the player also matters. Not easy to ban players like Warne...
You are aware Warne was banned for a year aren't you?

Spinksy

Banned
Yes, he will play again. His chances look very slim to me though so I cannot decided at the moment. Maybe.

pasag

RTDAS
He certainly won't be playing in the IPL again for a long time. They've got very little reason to be lenient and a lot to gain in the image stakes by coming down hard.

Anyways, if it turns out to be a recreational drug, I would be surprised if he was the only one. A bunch of young sportsmen with heaps of newfound disposable income makes this thing sort of inevitable.