• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Doping scandal in IPL

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Just saw this on Cricinfo: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/current/story/360969.html .

Not surprising at all. Just I don't understand how you would have to determine the identity of the player, they should have the identity attached to the specimen if they did it right.
The tests need to be done anonymously for the sake of security, and so that no dodgy doctor with a grudge can get his least favourite player banned.

Also, this is a mountain being made out of a molehill so far. Could easily turn out that the guy who tested positive had a prescription, or the 'B' sample could be negative, or whatever. It'd be jumping the gun to say there's a drugs cheat in the IPL.

Although, it would be kinda fun just to blame it on Asif or Shoaib. :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I wonder who it is. There is no drug testing in Indian domestic cricket, so it could very well be one of the domestic players.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
It would be more fun if it was another Pakistani player. But its probably gonna be boring and be some domestic player that no one outside of India has heard about :@

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
i'm sure some of you are hoping that it's harbhajan
I am. It would give me immense pleasure to see him banned for anything. Especially drugs from an IPL test, from which he was already banned last season.

For the record, I don't give a toss about steroids. But if its Harbhajan, I can make an exception. Next punishment for him, for any transgressions whatsoever, ought to be a life ban.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously Shoaib. The man was a tearaway sensation when he finally made it to the IPL. And it's common knowledge that he's never bowled at high pace without the help of, at the very least, Panadol.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
How about Uthappa ? He looked 'doped'.

Or Sehwag? He was on a 'high'.

No. I know who it must be. Vijay Mallya. That guy is a junkie for sure. :dry:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
juz hope it is not Warne or Shoaib or Asif, tbh.....
God, imagine if it is.

Assuming it's a performance enhancing substsance and it's an established international (not saying it is, but just assuming), what a blow to the game that would be.