• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8-11 batsman most likely to next score a Test century?

8-11 batsman most likely to next score a Test century?

• Total voters

pasag

RTDAS
Purely a prediction thread and limited to positions 8-11 in the batting line up.

Btw if a normal number 7 bats at 8 because of a nightwatchman it's not counted and if a normal tailender bats higher because of an injury or they are a nightwatchman themselves and get 100 it is counted.

Players to be added to the poll on request.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Vettori, Franklin, Mills, Southee.

All in the same match too NZ 450 ao.

We're playing Pak soon so I wouldn't be surprised to see our tail get going at one stage. Vettori must be the favorite for this though.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Got to be Vetorri for me, even though he's batting poorly atm, he's got the most going for him given he's arguably New Zealand's second best test batsman and often more time than the others due to NZ's top order being crap.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
jinx alert

Going for Broad in about an hours time, tbh:ph34r:

Could be wrong though......

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, nice work :p

Voted broad, reckon it will be this series, also reckon there will soon come a time where he doesn't meet the criteria set out in the OP, he is our future number 7 IMO thus allowing us to pick our WK on the strength of glovework. Could potentially have Broad and Flintoff at 7 & 8 with a keeper at 9 IMO

grecian

Voted broad, reckon it will be this series, also reckon there will soon come a time where he doesn't meet the criteria set out in the OP, he is our future number 7 IMO thus allowing us to pick our WK on the strength of glovework. Could potentially have Broad and Flintoff at 7 & 8 with a keeper at 9 IMO
Yes, I'd be reasonably happy with that, sick to my stomach of easy catches going down behins the stumps.

Typical example. A few people can't think beyond England team. My dear if you wish to participate in this poll then you better consider first 3 Emglish batsmen instead of the last 3.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We are talking about reality not your fantasy. I would love if let us know about first 3 English players.

An ideal candidate could be a player who is not only a decent batsman but able to make runs as quickly as possible. In this scenario a batsman may not get the whole day to stay at the crease. For me its either Sohail Tanveer or Praveen Kumar if he gets chance in test team.

grecian

Typical example. A few people can't think beyond England team. My dear if you wish to participate in this poll then you better consider first 3 Emglish batsmen instead of the last 3.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We are talking about reality not your fantasy. I would love if let us know about first 3 English players.
Would like to debate this post, but I don't know what the **** it's going on about. Anywhoo welcome to the land of ignore, old chap :)

Would like to debate this post, but I don't know what the **** it's going on about. Anywhoo welcome to the land of ignore, old chap :)
Nice to see another desperate English fan. I personally feel that English cricket and Football teams are the best in the world, though in cricket they could not win a world cup and very recently were unable to qualify for UEFA-2008. My prays are with you desperate fans........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: