• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8-11 batsman most likely to next score a Test century?

8-11 batsman most likely to next score a Test century?

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Typical example. A few people can't think beyond England team. My dear if you wish to participate in this poll then you better consider first 3 Emglish batsmen instead of the last 3.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We are talking about reality not your fantasy. I would love if let us know about first 3 English players.
WTF? I said that I felt Broad was the answer to the question and then digressed to talk about where I can see him fitting into our batting order. Seriously, follow everyone round who makes a post about England, let's see how long you last.

WTF? I said that I felt Broad was the answer to the question and then digressed to talk about where I can see him fitting into our batting order. Seriously, follow everyone round who makes a post about England, let's see how long you last.
I don't have personal grudge with any Englishman. I am concerned with the English team and want to see it back on track.

Don't worry, my 100th poll would be dedicated to you. be there till then.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Aamir, if you want to stay around here, you'd be advised to clean up your act and not throw accusations around, or bait people.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Vettori, Franklin, Mills, Southee.

All in the same match too NZ 450 ao.

We're playing Pak soon so I wouldn't be surprised to see our tail get going at one stage. Vettori must be the favorite for this though.
I've noticed that lots of people lately have an over-inflated view of Timmy's batting ability. This is mainly based on his fireworks against England in his debut test. That innings was basically just slogging, at a point in the match when it was inconsequential, and thus there was no pressure etc. And England were basically just bowling **** and waiting for him to make a mistake.

I've played against him during school cricket, and trained with him. He is a tailender. I wouldn't be surprised if that 80-odd he scored in his debut test is his highest test score when he retires.

All that said, he is a magnificent bowler.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I've noticed that lots of people lately have an over-inflated view of Timmy's batting ability. This is mainly based on his fireworks against England in his debut test. That innings was basically just slogging, at a point in the match when it was inconsequential, and thus there was no pressure etc. And England were basically just bowling **** and waiting for him to make a mistake.

I've played against him during school cricket, and trained with him. He is a tailender. I wouldn't be surprised if that 80-odd he scored in his debut test is his highest test score when he retires.

All that said, he is a magnificent bowler.
Wasn't serious TBH, just threw in all the Kiwi's.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voted Mills on the basis that Vettori and Franklin have already got them TBH. Could possibly be any of he, Broad or even Brett Lee. Vaas would be a candidate too if I thought he had more than a few months more Test cricket that he was likely to play. From his comments on the matter in recent times, I'd guess he plans to retire in the not-too-distant future, and good for him if he wants to leave at the top of his game.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Broad with 20 votes!

Broad > Vettori or Braod > Vaas is a blasphemus.

Among top class bowlers today Vettori, Flintoff, Vaas and Albie Morkel are the best with the bat. (Oram and Bravo also, but above four are way better bowlers than either, and Lee is not as good as above four with the bat).

And guys like Ahsley Noffke are not #8s. Can play as a batman alone IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Broad with 20 votes!

Broad > Vettori or Braod > Vaas is a blasphemus.

Among top class bowlers today Vettori, Flintoff, Vaas and Albie Morkel are the best with the bat. (Oram and Bravo also, but above four are way better bowlers than either, and Lee is not as good as above four with the bat).

Purely and simply based, for mine, on the fact that Broad was edging towards a 74 as this poll was on its opening rounds. There's no way he's yet a better Test batsman than either Vettori or Vaas - or probably a few others. Though he might just be in time - if his bowling comes along well.

pasag

RTDAS
Broad with 20 votes!

Broad > Vettori.... is a blasphemus.
Broad is going to play a lot more cricket before Vettori next plays I think. The question isn't who is better but who is most likely to next score a Test century, therefore the fact NZ don't play till November plays a part.

Flintoff...Oram...Bravo...
None of which will bat at 8-11.

As DYCE said, there is zero chance he will bat in the top seven in this Australian lineup. If he gets picked, he's at 8.