• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8-11 batsman most likely to next score a Test century?

8-11 batsman most likely to next score a Test century?

• Total voters

smash84

The Tiger King
Fun fact: Vettori has the most Test runs from both #8 and #9.

The only other player to "hold" two positions is Steve Waugh, from #5 and #6.

Full list:

Gavaskar, Hayden, Ponting, Tendulkar, Waugh, Waugh, Gilchrist, Vettori, Vettori, Waqar, Murali
Wow.....didn't know Waqar and Murali had the highest number of runs at 10 and 11.

Shady Slim

International Coach
saw this in the similar threads of the 50/100/150/200 thread and i found it interesting

current players who could off the top of my head:
-Hazlewood
-Lyon
-Starc
-Pattinson
-Siddle
-Bird

-Anderson
-Rashid

-Yadav
-Jadeja
-Shami
-Sharma (ishant, though you would say rohit tonning up again is equivalent to a number ten doing it)

-Herath
-Chameera

-Steyn
-Philander
-Rabada
-Morkel
-Piedt

-Amir
-Babar

-southee
-boult
-craig
-santner
-wagner

just rattling some tailenders off from the top of my head

for mine the candidates would be santner (who isn't a batsman of number eight standard but bats there) and starc

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If we include Santner I will go for Moeen Ali since England play Tests at home soon it seems like he's the likely favourite. Not sure when West Indies play again but Carlos Brathwaite deserves to be listed above so I'll pick him.

91Jmay

International Coach
AWTA Moeen and Santner have to be the two most likely candidates. Chris Morris also showed some potential with bat against England however I quite fancy Rabada to end up a properly good 8 though.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Holder scored his ton from 8, though I doubt he'll bat lower than 7 these days.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is this question about which tailender is most likely to score the next century made by a tailender or which tailender is most likely to score the next first century made by a tailender?