• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you like Andrew Symonds?

Do you like Andrew Symonds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Forget whether you think he's a good batsman, hopeless batsman, the most ridiculously lucky batsman of the past 18 months (that fits my description). Do you like or dislike him? Answers on a post vote please.

And yes, I know I forgot the damn question-mark on the poll. 8-)

Haha, 2 votes during the time it took me to edit this post. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No. I consider him an ugly cricketer (not facially per se, though the hobo beard doesn't help) and I just don't enjoy watching him doing anything but field. And then from everything I've heard and read about him, he's not a particularly pleasant guy. I've forgiven other cricketers for being ugly, on account of them appearing to be relatively decent off the pitch, but it's not the case with Symonds.

pasag

RTDAS
Not really, not since the transcript of Sydney came out and the increased rubbish he's been intentionally bringing onto the field in recent times (as if to some kind of plan). Also has an ego that doesn't match his talent (like Sreesanth and Harbi). That said, I have tremendous respect for him as a cricketer and want him to have a very good Test career.

Forget whether you think he's a good batsman, hopeless batsman, the most ridiculously lucky batsman of the past 18 months (that fits my description). Do you like or dislike him? Answers on a post vote please.

And yes, I know I forgot the damn question-mark on the poll. 8-)

Haha, 2 votes during the time it took me to edit this post. :laugh:
As a player he is terrific. every team would love to have him in all 3 versions of the game. an excellent batsman, wonderful fielder, fairly good part time bowler, what else you need?

As a figure really ridiculous. if you don't see him you won't be able to differenciate between what is decent or ugly. i like him. guys just enjoy such character. you won't find such characters too often. just enjoy him.........:laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've mentioned at various times my various reasons why I don't like him. Mostly, he uses his bogan-like image and behaviour as a marketing tool. Its frankly pathetic.

That and he's quite clearly dickhead.

Rate his ODI batting extremely highly though. One of the all-time greats, but that's irrelevant here.

Also I'm guessing by 'Australian' you mean 'Australian cricket fan' so I'll vote under 'non Australian'.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah. Australian national is irrelevant - it's the cricket team you support that counts.

In which case the likes of aussie and Sameer (pup11) count as "Australian" for the purposes of this poll.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
As a player he is terrific. every team would love to have him in all 3 versions of the game. an excellent batsman, wonderful fielder, fairly good part time bowler, what else you need?

As a figure really ridiculous. if you don't see him you won't be able to differenciate between what is decent or ugly. i like him. guys just enjoy such character. you won't find such characters too often. just enjoy him.........:laugh:
What's unique about his character? There are lots of loud mouths in cricket atm, he's just one with dreadlocks.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
He is an awesome cricketer, does so well for his country and that's enough to like him. I would love someone like him to play for Team India.

irfan

State Captain
Yeah. Australian national is irrelevant - it's the cricket team you support that counts.

In which case the likes of aussie and Sameer (pup11) count as "Australian" for the purposes of this poll.
O really change my nationality to Non-Australian then. Still hate the guy tho, and have been incensed further by him after the whole Sydney saga.
Gun fielder obv.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Ugh, a bit late for me then.

What's unique about his character? There are lots of loud mouths in cricket atm, he's just one with dreadlocks.
I think just his look is enough if you have ever seen him once. Moreover his controvercial behavior on the field. Just enjoy him. Don't tkae him seriously. He is a unique and different character. Cricket does not seem a gentlemen's game if you just see him.:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Also I'm guessing by 'Australian' you mean 'Australian cricket fan' so I'll vote under 'non Australian'.
However, duffer and irfan have voted as Australians. UIMM, both are pretty much the same as Jono - Australians who support India due to parentage.

EDIT: both already posted as I was posting this. :laugh:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Really What is the difference between him and KP ? If KP played for Australia and displayed the same ****iness, he would be called the worst bloke.

Symonds has had some silly bickerings in the middle and not all of those were his fault, (Remember the Harbhajan row was not of his making, it was Hayden, Clarke and Ponting who took the issue to another level).

I would love Symonds to play for India in place of Sreesanth and Harbhajan.