• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should I leave?

andmark

International Captain
I have been debating to myself whether to leave my club.
As I've said in the Coaching Forum I'm a Leg spin bowler. For the past two matches instead of putting me on when the captain wants spin bowling, he makes a fast bowler who can't spin a bowl to save his life bowl. I haven't had an over in god knows how long, and I'm the only spin bowler there! They haven't had on full over of spin in a long time. It's not as if I play just to get runs, quite the opposite in fact. I have been described as the best spin bowler in the area, by many people. I find that putting on a fast bowler to bowl spin was a kick in the head.

Should I leave?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Hmm, well obviously it is your desicion and yours only, but I would strongly advise against moving clubs. Stick with it and maybe have a word with the coach of the team. If you are good enough, then you should be bowling and that is the captains fault. Ask the coach to have a word with the captain about why you don't bowl. If he says you aren't good enough, then get practicing and make it better, do something about it. If you are good enough according to people in the know and still don't get a bowl, then I'd consider leaving the clubs, but don't do anything that you might end up regretting later.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Sounds to me like you have a pretty poor captain in charge. In which case, things'll improve, you're not gonna be playing under the same captain forever. Have a word with the coach and make sure he acknowledges that his captain needs to be more aware of his bowlers.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
See above. Talk to coach. Or if his son is the captain and that won't get you anywhere, talk to the Club Welfare Officer.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
ECB rules. Clubs must have one to ensure that children and young people are fairly and equitably treated. In short, the poor sod who has to co-ordinate all the CRB forms.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Well obviously your captain needs a talking to from the coach. If you are the best spin bowler in the area, why would he pick a fast bowler to bowl spin?

You need to talk to him, with the coach. Set up a three way conversation one day at training. If he continues to ignore you, maybe that's when it's time to leave.

Do you have any other local clubs that you could play for? If so, go there, and prove your worth.

I hope this helps.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In short mate I'd say if you have to move clubs move clubs (I can't see what the big deal is...I've done it once or twice, mainly just to play with mates or move closer to where I live), but talk it over with people at the club first and see if some other solution can't be reached before leaving.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Only if it's way outside off or leg. Also, be sure to observe the seam/swing or spin on the ball so that you avoid doing a Clarke.