• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

200 in an ODI

ret

International Debutant
a 200 by a batsman in an ODI is something that has not been achieved. Anwar missed it by 6 runs, while some others have scored 180 odd

with the power-plays of 20 overs, flat tracks, small grounds, minnows around .... do you think that a 200 is now on the cards? .... six 6s in an over, something unthinkable, has been achieved in the last world cup

to score a 200 in a 50 overs game, ideally you would have to be around for most of those overs, so the top 3 in a side would have a better chance of doing it

some of the guys who are capable of doing it would be Sehwag, Jayasuriya, Ponting, Tendulkar, McCullum, Gayle

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McCallum seems to have the best combination of sustained hitting going on right now. Aside from him, KP would be another possibility to do it.

open365

International Vice-Captain
McCullum doesn't even have an ODI century yet, of the people on the list as possibles to score a double, I don't think he's very high on it.

open365

If James Marshal scored an one day century against Australia, I would happily revoke their ODI status as well :)

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
funny I was just thinking about this today.

A century in 20/20 cricket is awesome but 200 in 50 overs, well that is sensational.

I hope that if it ever happens it is not against a minnow.

Gilchrist was dubbed by some Aussie International as the first player to reach 200. He went his entire career not doing so.

I am going out on a limb and saying that it will not happen in ODI cricket for atleast 10 years

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah but that was such a ridiculous match. Shouldn't count IMO. Anyway, unless stated, people nearly always are talking about male ODIs.

open365

FFS, as mentioned earlier it has already happened.
LOL

Yeh because people come to CW to discuss the latest happenings in the wonderful world of women's cricket don't they? 8-)

It's quite clear that A. The innings shouldn't be taken into account because it was against a terrible side and B. Call me ***ist, but no one cares about Women's cricket.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The standard of womens cricket is just so low compared to male cricket. I wonder how well the England womens team would do in the JCT600 Bradford League.

Raghav

I think McCullum is one to score that. It will be against Indians as I hope. I wish McCullum gets that against Indian attack. Love it'

open365

The standard of womens cricket is just so low compared to male cricket. I wonder how well the England womens team would do in the JCT600 Bradford League.
If you go two steps below the county game to the ECB premier club leagues, and one step bwlow that to the respective 1st divisions, I don't think they'd be able to compete still, though I think there would be a few cricketers (Belinda Clark, the other Aussie who could bowl really quick for example) that would probably do fairly well at this level.

Raghav

It is totally ridiculous and undermining to some people that the ODIs against Ireland are classed as proper ODIs.
understood... but where you questioning when India played many against smaller countries and scored many centuries? Why is it when NZ score all of a sudden.. such problematic..

NZ hardly play against smaller nations.. and they used that opportunity well..

At the end of the day... an ODI played is an ODI what ever the opposition is...bcoz it got ICC approval