• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is your favourite cricketer?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Geoff Boycott :

Real gritty opener. One of the best at that slot, very few better than him.
I'm sure of Cricketweb will join me in hoping for a speedy recovery for "Sir" Geoffrey.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
We would have a fan from every country now wouldn't we...
I hope you ment the offical cricket playing country, otherwise No :P

Come to think of it who's from Ban / Zim??

[Edited on 23/9/02 by Rich2001]

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah Rich we have Masakadza from Zim... but as for Banglabashed wee unfortunatly have 0

anzac

International Debutant
my hero's are the likes of ...
Richard Hadlee - for craft
Lance Cairns - for entertainment
Botham - for fight
Gower - for elegance
Martin Crowe & Ken Rutherford - for what should have been

in fact the NZ team should look at tapes of Crowe to see how to move their bloody feet!!!!!!

;)

anzac

International Debutant
p.s

Dean Jones - as the one Aussie I loved to hate because he was so infuriatingly good - changed the face of ODI batting!!!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by anzac
p.s

Dean Jones - as the one Aussie I loved to hate because he was so infuriatingly good - changed the face of ODI batting!!!!
Please don't mention that name, Jonesy was robbed of half his career, He was a legend and would've been one of if not the best OD batsman in history if he was not pushed out of the game....

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Damien Martyn - I don't know why, its probably because he fought back from 6 years out of the test side, and now has the thrid or fourth or something highest test average of any Australian batsman.

masterblaster

International Captain
My favorites are:

VVS Laxman: For the style and elegance he displays when on song

Rahul Dravid: For his dedication and solid technique

Adam Gilchrist: This guy is just awesome

Sachin Tendulkar: Enough Said

Allan Donald: White Lightning

Wasim Akram: What a legend

All Time list:

Kapil Dev: True Legend

Sunil Gavaskar: The best technical batsman in the history of the game

Vivian Richards: Enough said

Ian Botham: X-Plosive

anzac

International Debutant
current players....

Sachin - the little master
Chris Cairns - explosive all rounder
Ahktar - intimidation express
Gilchrist - the entertainer
Rhodes - fielding livewire
Warne - mind games

note: I do not claim these to be the best - just that they compell you to watch when they are 'in the game'

:)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but u have to admit it was only against England i mean i reckon Glenn McGrath could hit a ton against them this season...
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::P:P:P:P:P:P