• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh A in England 2008

cricman

International 12th Man
Code:
Squad: Zunaed Siddiqui, Tamim Iqbal, Nazimuddin, Rokibul Hasan, Nayeem Islam, Mushfiqur Rahim, Alok Kapali, Rajin Saleh, Musharraf Hossain, Sajidul Islam, Dollar Mahmud, Nazmul Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Syed Rasel, Shakib Al Hasan.

Fixtures

Bangladesh A tour of England, 2008

July 2008
Sun 6 - Tue 8
11:00 local, 10:00 GMT 	England Under-19s v Bangladesh A
Hazelgrave Ground, Loughborough

Fri 11 - Sun 13
11:00 local, 10:00 GMT 	Bangladesh A v Warwickshire
Edgbaston, Birmingham

Wed 16 - Fri 18
11:00 local, 10:00 GMT 	Bangladesh A v Leicestershire
Grace Road, Leicester

Mon 21 - Wed 23
11:00 local, 10:00 GMT 	Bangladesh A v Derbyshire
County Ground, Derby

Fri 25 - Sun 27
11:00 local, 10:00 GMT 	Bangladesh A v South Africans
County Ground, New Road, Worcester

Wed 30
10:45 local, 09:45 GMT 	Bangladesh A v Lancashire
Moss Lane, Alderley Edge

August 2008
Fri 1
10:45 local, 09:45 GMT 	Bangladesh A v Marylebone Cricket Club
The Racecourse, Durham University Grounds, Durham

Sun 3
10:45 local, 09:45 GMT 	Bangladesh A v Durham
Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
Rasel to prove his worth to the idiot selectors, Should have sent in all the morons Ashraful, Aftab, Bashar, Kapali

Sakib done with exams hopefully forever, Tamim, Raqibul and Rahim to fly in the 11th ... good warm ups for the Canadian 20/20's and Australia,

I wonder why the ECB fed us to the wolves and arranged a match with South Africa

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/england/engine/current/match/320238.html - 115/4 vs Eng U-19

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
England Under-19s v Bangladesh A

Thats the only fixture i really care about. I always look forward to the u19 games each year. The rest will be vs sub-standard 2nd string county sides which is just pointless really. Its also a shame theres no matches scheduled vs England Lions

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was really disappointed with how Bangladesh A fared in the games against Ireland, expect much better from these boys, even if they are away from home. I'm hoping that the South Africa game has FC status, as it'd be virtually meaningless without. Nice to see Imrul Kayes making runs though, one of few players in Bangladesh with an impressive limited overs record.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well its the last day of that one today, they've only had 38 overs on the first 2 days
Here's hoping that Ghosh and Islam can show their worth, both are fairly good players and could push for national honours in the near future.

cricman

International 12th Man
What was the need of including Tamim Iqbal & Shakib.........
They have been regular in the national side.......
Shakib hasn't played matches in a while for exams and no domestic cricket at this time, so best off for him to get his rhythm back, It would be nice to send the Ashraful and the rest to England to face the Saffers and than fly to Canada, for the 20/20 series, BCB about to scrap the 4 day warm up in the Aussie series

cricman

International 12th Man
Not Quite a Convincing 50 from Ghosh, Disappointed in Juniad and Raqibul they should have carried on, Caught most of the commentary on BBC Radio, The Bowlers deserved better than the figures say, still 144/4 is not bad, So hopefully can dismiss them under 300 and than get good batting practice, Dull Draw in the End on the cards thanks to Rain

I didn't know that in this entire tour the batting side in their 1st innings can only bat a Maximum of 100 overs

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Where's this available on radio? The big name batsmen should have got a few more there, a total of 300 should have been on the cards. As it is, we could do with a few early wickets tomorrow.

I might go to see the game on 30 July at Alderley Edge, it's only 30 mins drive for me. I'll also be interested to see what sort of side the MCC produce.

cricman

International 12th Man
Much better batting, Tamim or Nazim should have carried on ... very nice batting from Mushifiq batting with the tail. Healthy comptetion going on for the WK position.

Bowling has much left to be desired

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Much better batting, Tamim or Nazim should have carried on ... very nice batting from Mushifiq batting with the tail. Healthy comptetion going on for the WK position.

Bowling has much left to be desired
Much to do with the bowling attack, I fear. The only good thing that can be said about it (from an England-developing-players point of view) is that it's fully England-qualified.

cricman

International 12th Man
98 needed with 5 Wickets in Hand on to the final session, Should be interesting ... Chris Rogers Early Declaration may prove to be Costly. It is a Tour Match so no biggie

How Many Sides have lost a match that has a had FC Status when declaring twice? I know it has happened in a Test once

Last edited:

cricman

International 12th Man
5 Needed, Last over 1 Wicket in hand ... So many faults in this match, but very good drama