• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The problems with pakistan's cricket?

Mard

Banned
Can any one higlight the problems with pakistani cricket? i know there are many, but highlight some 4, 5 main problems

I believe pakistans team is one of the most talented in the world, but some thing is wrong. Thats why we dont win to many matches these days.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Too much political involvement with the board. Coaches aren't allowed to as they want, and players are out of control. Not a solid, professonal domestic structure that can consistently produce finished products. All problems in India too, but seems amplifed in Pakistan.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Can any one higlight the problems with pakistani cricket? i know there are many, but highlight some 4, 5 main problems

I believe pakistans team is one of the most talented in the world, but some thing is wrong. Thats why we dont win to many matches these days.
Yet another team that's got a lot of talent, but near-zero research and planning.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Even so, it's not a case of "get rid of Afridi and Pakistan will be World-beaters".

I think the inadequacies of the PCB have been discussed ad infinitum. I can't possibly recall every complaint I've heard about them - in fact I've heard so many it's hard to pick any out TBH. As with the WICB - a good cricket team with a seriously woeful board is very difficult. Not impossible, because sometimes talent will out, but very difficult indeed.

Trouble is, I don't think anyone seriously expects any great improvement or sees one anywhere on or beyond the horizon.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Even so, it's not a case of "get rid of Afridi and Pakistan will be World-beaters".

I think the inadequacies of the PCB have been discussed ad infinitum. I can't possibly recall every complaint I've heard about them - in fact I've heard so many it's hard to pick any out TBH. As with the WICB - a good cricket team with a seriously woeful board is very difficult. Not impossible, because sometimes talent will out, but very difficult indeed.

Trouble is, I don't think anyone seriously expects any great improvement or sees one anywhere on or beyond the horizon.
Post was very much in jest TBH. He hasn't been in the Test team for years and he *almost* justifies his selection in ODIs on bowling alone anyway these days.

The stigma surrounding him typifies a lot of their problems but I was in no way suggesting that Afridi actually was the root of all evil. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Undoubtedly, though, had he taken-up lawn bowls and found himself excellence at that hence never picking-up cricket bat or ball, Pakistan cricket would have been better-off in the last, say, 6-7 years or so.

ret

International Debutant
one of the problems is that the players complain a lot .... we saw how Butt was complaining in IPL that he is being made to sit in the bench so you can imagine what would be in the Pak squad

we have ppl complaining abt Akthar and Asif not bowling together but teams like India were without its key batsman and some key bowlers too in the Asia Cup

we have the coach complaining abt the press, the board member complaining abt the team, Akthar complaining abt the ban, Afridi complaining about YK and not listening to him, when TK took captaincy for a brief while in one of the tours to WI. may be the one where Afridi sent out flying kisses to one of the WI bowlers :wacko:

there is too much complaining, be it players, fans, board officials, coach, etc

the big problem is that may be they look at a half filled glass and say 'it's half empty'

just my 2 cents

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Yes sure.

To start with there are the on the field problems, for example,

this

this

this

this

and this

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It all comes down to attitude, and quite frankly that of most Pakistani players is poor. Not to mention the administration is a complete and utter shambles, very incompetent.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
This is normally accompanied by or followed by

this

this

this

and this

but there is no end to ....

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan are also blessed with

and to top it all their affairs are over seen by some of world cricket's biggest 'problems'

this

this

this

Not to mention

THIS

and

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
It all comes down to attitude, and quite frankly that of most Pakistani players is poor. Not to mention the administration is a complete and utter shambles, very incompetent.
There is a fairly strong case for it being a cultural thing. Its hard for cricket administration to be well done and the players to be professional when all based in one of the most corrupt countries in the world with a miriad of internal issues and a complete lack of stability.

Given the state of Pakistan as a country, its hard to expect cricket admin to be any different.

There is lots of research that shows how culture modifies behaviour.

This isnt a assault at Pakistani culture in general as I dont know enough to make that call. This is just a point at one failed area in corruption and lack of stability that manifests itself.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Some of it is having a great 'influence' on younger players as ..

and

Then there are a horde of former greats and former skippers who, of course, all have nothing but the interest of Pakistani cricket at heart. They keep on shouting 'encouragement from ther sidelines, unfortunately they shout more to drown each others voice out than to achieve anything worthwhile.

Then there is the great team spirit and discipline of the side.

There is the completely 'free' hand given to the foreign coach.

The love and affection between players of different regions so lovingly expressed in the dressing room in colourful Punjabi, Urdu and Sindhi, not to mention Baluchi/Pashto and the odd friendly pat on the back with the nearest available bat or stump.

The lack of understanding of the local language by the stream of foreign coaches does not prevent the playful Pakistani boys from including these worthies also in their friendly 'shove and push" games which are so easy to follow even when four letter Punjabi words are not.

Last edited: