• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The problems with pakistan's cricket?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely one of the problems is several other countries (sadly including Australia) not touring there (talking tests primarily here - the rest is frankly carnival stuff so I don't care as much about it).
It's pretty difficult, I imagine, to compete v top sides if you don't regularly get to play agaisnt them at home. For example, Pakistan "hosted" Australia in Sharjah and SL a few years back, to largely empty stadia and without the benefit of either home crowds or conditions with which they are familiar.
To me, that's a tremendous disadvantage for any team to overcome. It's by nor means their only problem, but it's one they could well do without.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Then they have

this

this

this

this

and this

...... to be continued
He's a professional sports star. He is obviously going to get laid and party quite a bit. If we punish them for partying and having fun, there would be no one playing. Though his lack of fitness is obviously a problem.

There is a fairly strong case for it being a cultural thing. Its hard for cricket administration to be well done and the players to be professional when all based in one of the most corrupt countries in the world with a miriad of internal issues and a complete lack of stability.

Given the state of Pakistan as a country, its hard to expect cricket admin to be any different.

There is lots of research that shows how culture modifies behaviour.

This isnt a assault at Pakistani culture in general as I dont know enough to make that call. This is just a point at one failed area in corruption and lack of stability that manifests itself.
Agreed. The same problem exists in India.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He's a professional sports star. He is obviously going to get laid and party quite a bit.
Well... not obviously, there's plenty who don't, from all countries, but it's not something for which one should automatically be criticised. There's nothing implicitly wrong with it.

If it is seen to be impacting upon your on-field performance, then it should be curtailed; if not, a la Dennis Compton, then fine.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed. The same problem exists in India.
Whilst it may, IMO it isnt to the same extent. I see similarities and trends but culturally Pakistan takes them further and a little more extreme.

For all its issues, India isnt any where near as corrupt as Pakistan has a stable and growing economy and allows a good level of democratic participation.

India has the same passions but it also has structure that keeps a very loose but important reign on those extremes.

The 2 are comparable but one is much further down the path than the other.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He's a professional sports star. He is obviously going to get laid and party quite a bit. If we punish them for partying and having fun, there would be no one playing. Though his lack of fitness is obviously a problem.
Well... not obviously, there's plenty who don't, from all countries, but it's not something for which one should automatically be criticised. There's nothing implicitly wrong with it.

If it is seen to be impacting upon your on-field performance, then it should be curtailed
; if not, a la Dennis Compton, then fine.
Richard is spot on.

SS, you missed the post of mine which followed the one you quoted. Here it is.

This is normally accompanied by or followed by

this

this

this

and this

but there is no end to ....
As you can see it is a continuation of that one.

In fact all my four posts would have been one but for so many images making them a bit 'too much'

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SJS, everything you posted is right.

But I need to point out that I, already a massive Akhtar fan, like him even more now. :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member

But I need to point out that I, already a massive Akhtar fan, like him even more now. :p
Couldn't Agree More. Akhtar is effing awesome. On the field and off the field too.

funnygirl

State Regular
Couldn't Agree More. Akhtar is effing awesome. On the field and off the field too.
For dancing around with the worst looking girls.Atleast choose some decent ones than trashes.Akhtar is trying hard to be like Imran khan .But boy the difference in ''class '' is there to be seen in every aspect .

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
For dancing around with the worst looking girls.Atleast choose some decent ones than trashes.Akhtar is trying hard to be like Imran khan .But boy the difference in ''class '' is there to be seen in every aspect .
Not that I care much for such opinions, but I didn't expect this from a women/girl/lady. The 'Class' that you talk about seems more like the 'Rich & Spoilt Trash' than having any class. Imran's 'Classy' women are still waiting for the paternity test for their children. So much for the Class that he left a love child in virtually every city he played cricket in.

Akhtar isn't trying be like anyone, he is just being himself. I think he is an awesome cricketer and entertainer and equally entertaining off the field too. He is just having a good time regardless of who he is with and where he is.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

:laugh:

I love the guy too. Its just that he is a big time "nautanki"

open365

International Vice-Captain
In fact all my four posts would have been one but for so many images making them a bit 'too much'
I think the comic value of you posting all the pictures has been missed, or at least I was laughing quite hard by the second post.

Off the field? Really?

He's been nothing but trouble from what I can see, he was definitely a disruptive influence on the side when he played and he handled himself really badly throughout his career. If someone wanted to personify Pakistani cricket in one player, it would be him.

funnygirl

State Regular
[
QUOTE=Sanz;1615899]Not that I care much for such opinions, but I didn't expect this from a women/girl/lady. The 'Class' that you talk about seems more like the 'Rich & Spoilt Trash' than having any class. Imran's 'Classy' women are still waiting for the paternity test for their children. So much for the Class that he left a love child in virtually every city he played cricket in.
No i didn;t mean that way . I meant Imran never did anything to get cheap publicity ,or for the sake of publicity .The guy never was an attention seeker .And most importantly he was bloody ''super fit '' at the age of 38 who was able to bowl 50 overs in a test match.So no one cared how notorious he was off the field .

As for shoaib , he is an attention seeker .He wants to be in the limelight all the time . He is not the only cricketer who is there enjoying or partying .Plenty of them infact ,but they choose to be private .

For shoaib he prefers cameras to focus him .In the last series in India ,he was injured in the 3rd test ,one has to look the kind of dramas he was doing at the ground .Playing with a toy .So basically he is sort of a player who is looking for a ''short cut '' to greatness and popularity.

Both Akhtar and his fans are totally satisfied by his short burst of spell which fetches him 3 -4 wickets and then the usual injury will come ,he will be out for a long time .But thats enough for the ''bragging rights '' rest of the year . Well i am not sure thats the proper way of playing .

PS :Apologies if i cross any border a woman shouldn't have .I was wondering why u got awestruck at his off the field persona .I don't find any thing there to get ''awe''.Thats it .

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Have you heard what Prince Di got up to in the bedroom? :ph34r:

Even your classy chicks aren't quite 'classy'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think the comic value of you posting all the pictures has been missed, or at least I was laughing quite hard by the second post.

Thank God someone finally saw them for what they were.

A sense of humour is sadly missing in our community of hard nosed cricket experts :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
[
PS :Apologies if i cross any border a woman shouldn't have .I was wondering why u got awestruck at his off the field persona .I don't find any thing there to get ''awe''.Thats it .
First of all my 'Women/lady/girl' comment was regarding your judgmental call on calling those girls (that Shoaib was hanging out with) as 'trash' and 'worst looking' etc. I have not really heard women saying such things about other women, hence the surprise factor. I am least bothered about anyone crossing his/her boundaries on an internet forum or otherwise.

As for Shoaib's off field personality - I have seen plenty of his off the field interviews, and he comes across as a really friendly, nice and entertaining guy. He has a pretty likable personality. He is comfortable with his own culture and at the same time not afraid to go out and have fun. Those pictures prove nothing except that he has got nothing to hide.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
No i didn;t mean that way . I meant Imran never did anything to get cheap publicity ,or for the sake of publicity .The guy never was an attention seeker .And most importantly he was bloody ''super fit '' at the age of 38 who was able to bowl 50 overs in a test match.So no one cared how notorious he was off the field .
This isn't what you said. If what you said meant above then I am in agreement. Whether anyone cared about Imran's affairs isn't really the point, there was no such thing called 'Class' in those affairs, which you seemed to be implying.

As for shoaib , he is an attention seeker .He wants to be in the limelight all the time . He is not the only cricketer who is there enjoying or partying .Plenty of them infact ,but they choose to be private .
For shoaib he prefers cameras to focus him .In the last series in India ,he was injured in the 3rd test ,one has to look the kind of dramas he was doing at the ground .Playing with a toy .So basically he is sort of a player who is looking for a ''short cut '' to greatness and popularity.

Shoaib and Imran are not comparable as a cricketer so I dont really understand who you are trying to convince here. And it is wrong to suggest that Akhtar is the only cricketer who is partying in public and rest of the cricketers are doing it in private. You need to look around, even the likes of Sachin Tendulkar have been to parties whose pictures have been all over the Internet. India's captain Sriman Dhoni ji Maharaj has been publicly sending love signals to Bollywood actresses, Yuvraj's affairs have been well known. Sreesanth has been dancing with Sharukh Khan.

Both Akhtar and his fans are totally satisfied by his short burst of spell which fetches him 3 -4 wickets and then the usual injury will come ,he will be out for a long time .But thats enough for the ''bragging rights '' rest of the year . Well i am not sure thats the proper way of playing .
That's just a silly assumption, atleast the part about fans. I would love to see Shoaib bowl well in a full series but I am also practical. Why shouldn't I enjoy and appreciate his performances in the matches he can play ?

I