• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia vs New Zealand tour

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
Who do u think will be star players in this tour. The predictables or the unpredictables.
Name the people who u think are going to stand out??
personally i think that Nathan Astle should do well as he is very consistent and in form. Plus his 220 not long ago, plus i think Daryl Tuffey will do good.
Hopefully Vettori will recover from his ankle injury to do some damage!!!

wat do u think?

James

Cricket Web Owner
I reckon Stephen Fleming and Craig McMillan along with Mark Richardson will be the stand outs for this tour. Nathan Astle doesn't play very well on hard bouncy pitches.

Yeah I agree with you in terms of bowling. Daryl Tuffey and Dan Vettori will be the pick of the bowlers.

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
OMG, how foolish of me, forgetting my own favourite player!!!
i am sorry, but i must say absolutely, possitively McMillan!!!

plus, lol, can't wait to see cairny :), he got a six off brett lee that went over a nearby street last season

Rich

Cricket Spectator
Hopefully Matthew Bell will show some of the talent we have seen glimpses of last season. If Sinclair gets going, he could also affect the result of the match. Fleming, Richardson, McMillan and Astle are our top batsmen and we will need them to do well.

In the bowling, I agree that Tuffey and Vettori will be our top bowlers, but Cairns and Nash are good enough to do some damage too.

Rich

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Such a mature comment there, and a little inaccurate looking at how close they were to actually winning today.
:cry:

Rich

Cricket Spectator
If that ball where Cairns was caught by Ponting on the boundary had cleared the rope...Ah well, it goes down in history as a draw.

Rich

Ross

Cricket Spectator
And to counter that, if Warne caught Vettori first ball off Lee then Australia might have been able to enforce the follow on and rip through the New Zealand batting card. No point crying about anything though, it was a great finish and unfortunate that it ended in a draw.

Ross

Cricket Spectator
I'd have to say that the LBW decision would have been too early to make a big impact on the remainder of the match. If Langer went out fourth ball of the match there is no way that the middle order would have played some of the shots that they did.

sunburnt_spinner

Cricket Spectator
I actually went to the first day of the test and going from 0 for 220 odd to 6 for certainly was interesting. Plus it was damn hot sitting in the sun all day since all the licenced sections under the grandstands were full!

I dont think you can read too much into New Zealand almost pulling off the win, apart from that Chris Cairns can hit a cricket ball along way. :) Because realistically speaking... if it wasn't for a very generous declaration due to all the rain, Australia would have won comfortably.

Blaze

Banned
Cybersmurf said:
wat do u think?

I reckon a fellow named Bond will come in for the ODI's and take 21 wickets, be man of the series, knock Australia out of their own tournament and force the Waugh brothers into ODI cricket retirement.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Blaze said:
I reckon a fellow named Bond will come in for the ODI's and take 21 wickets, be man of the series, knock Australia out of their own tournament and force the Waugh brothers into ODI cricket retirement.
I agree.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Blaze said:
A big call, but a fair call.

But a quality dig.

Blaze

Banned
Knowing NZ's injury crisis he will probably break down and not play many games for us in the next 4-5 years.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
And then will die in a tragic plane crash along with Steven Fleming, Nathan Astle, Brendan McCullum and Lou Vincent, leaving Daniel Vettori to captain a side with little firepower.

It could happen!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blaze said:
But soon after a fellow named Blaze will show up with a shovel and amaze us all :p