Whom do you rate higher? Kallis does have heavier figures, but Jayasuriya has the match impact going his way. Let's look at how they compare-
- Extra hitting power.
- Excellent reflexes and co-ordination
- Goes berserk but has always looked in control.
- Opens the batting.
- Can keep the big hits going even when the bowling is on top.
- Can turn the ball more than a little.
- Clever bowler.
- Excellent outfielder.
- Excess aggression leads to several cheap dismissals.
- Relies almost totally on strength of arms.
- Lack of action with the ball has often resulted in some weak bowling
- May be redundant on flat pitches.
- A genuine big-innings player.
- Reasonably strong for the big shots.
- Capable of building large partnerships.
- With the ball, can get useful pace.
- Swings it decently.
- Can bowl a good bouncer.
- Bowls regularly, long enough to support strike bowlers.
- Steady slip fielder.
- Gets bogged down a little.
- Susceptible against quality spin bowling.
- Strike rate with the ball is a little low.
- Batting sides can get on top of him easily.